PPC FCP 5.0 Plugins compatable to upgrade Intel 5.1.4 ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM   #1

PPC FCP 5.0 Plugins compatable to upgrade Intel 5.1.4 ?

I have a G5 (PPC) iMac, and I am have just bought a new intel 17" version.

I currently run FCP 5.0 on the PPC. If upgrade and I instal 5.1 (.4) on my iMac intel can I use all my old plugins I had on my G5? I have heard the plugs did not work on the intel. I want the maximum speed from FCP on the intel so I want the upgrade. Will my Plugs still work?

Ben
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Wrangler

You may have issues with some third party plug-ins, but native plug-ins seem to work fine. I just promoted an old v4.5 project to v5.1.4 on Intel today and all of the native effects applied worked fine.
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:12 PM   #3

Yes that is my worry- the 3rd party plugs. I have Natress and MB filters and some freebies from CHV. Good to hear the nativies work well! Any body work with the 3rd parties?
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Graeme Nattress' plug-ins should work fine on Intel. CHV plugins should also be fine.
Anything built in FXbuilder should work, because the plug-in is only referencing the application's resources.

I'm not certain about Magic Bullet because of the way they serialize to the actual serial of the FCP install. You may want to check their support site. You will get a brand new serial number when you order the Universal upgrade.

Just make sure you copy and backup your plug-ins folder before you upgrade.
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM   #5
New Boot

Boris FX transitions WILL work in FCP 5.1.1 BUT, will NOT work in 5.1.2 and up. Boris says that Apple will address this problem in their next major upgrade. Until then, there is a "work around" posted on Boris' website.
Dick Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite