DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 5th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

which plugins to buy....

Ok, so I finally got my new cam(xl1s) I have fce hd 3.5 and I am wondering what are the best pluggz to buy? I have heard about CHV, Nattress and after effects and some others but would like to know what the general consensus is here in this forum. any suggestions?
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

what filters/plugins do you use?

I was wondering what were the really popular or interesting filters some of you were using in fcp, especially the free or relatively lower priced ones.
Joe Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hey Sam and Joe! Since you've both asked the same question on the same day, I have merged your threads.

It's pretty hard to answer your questions since you don't seem to have anything specific in mind. But you might look at Nattress (http://www.nattress.com/) and Joe's Filters (http://www.joesfilters.com/) for starters. You can download trial versions for free.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
Hey Sam and Joe! Since you've both asked the same question on the same day, I have merged your threads.

It's pretty hard to answer your questions since you don't seem to have anything specific in mind. But you might look at Nattress (http://www.nattress.com/) and Joe's Filters (http://www.joesfilters.com/) for starters. You can download trial versions for free.
Sorry about that Boyd, didn't mean to be redundant! Yeah, I was kinda vague on purpose, just trying to discover some stuff out there that I don't know about. Thanks for the heads up on those. The nattress ones I am gefinitely going to go with, i see he posts here and knows his stuff.
Joe Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

once again, boyd to the rescue!
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Rosado View Post
Ok, so I finally got my new cam(xl1s) I have fce hd 3.5 and I am wondering what are the best pluggz to buy? I have heard about CHV, Nattress and after effects and some others but would like to know what the general consensus is here in this forum. any suggestions?
I've been using CHV's text plugins since my FCE days. I'm now running FCS and still use their Credits Plugin. It produces beautiful scrolling credits and Christoph has provided excellent support when I've contacted him with questions. I've also used the Credits plugin to produce a Copyright intro for all my DVDSP projects, Credits supports fully customizeable text and image placement.

Grant
Grant Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite