Easy way to capture other than FCP - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 19th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #31
Major Player

David, as I understand it the .mt2 file is mpeg compressed, when transcoded using MPEG Streamclip and selecting the native setting that does not require any scaling 1440x1080 square pixels and the outputting to AIC or Prores is a faster workflow for me in the long run.

I said back to HDV in the first post because it still looks cleaner than the FCP HDV capture. This is still the case with FCP6.

When the file is brought back into FCP for editing it goes back to the stretched horizontal pixel aspect. If you output from MPEG Streamclip as 1920 x1080 you would be scaling up the image.

Kevin, I use this method because it yields better results (for me anyway). You could always try the Fire-store.
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Apple DVHSCap:

When I watched the footage after capturing it in Apple DVHSCap it seemed to have dropped the image stabilization and the windscreen...can that be possible?

Does this acutally work better than what's in FC St2?
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite