DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Does the new Final cut pro 6 supports V1U 24P? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/94035-does-new-final-cut-pro-6-supports-v1u-24p.html)

Greg Quinn May 14th, 2007 02:41 PM

Does the new Final cut pro 6 supports V1U 24P?

I've done some searching on the forum, but haven't found an unequivocal answer - does anyone know for sure whether one can drop an M2T file into the FCP6 timeline and it will automatically remove the pulldown as Vegas7 does? Or do we still need to use Cinema tools the telecine function?
Thanks
Greg

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 14th, 2007 02:50 PM

At this point in time, one cannot drop a 24p Sony HDV file on the timeline in FCP and have the pulldown removed.

Greg Quinn May 14th, 2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Post 679117)
At this point in time, one cannot drop a 24p Sony HDV file on the timeline in FCP and have the pulldown removed.

Douglas
When you say "at this point in time" are you refering to the new version 6 of FCP?

Steve Mullen May 14th, 2007 07:29 PM

Despite many public claims by Sony, and those "associated" with Sony, that FCP would support 24p -- Apple has yet publically say anything.

We all hope FCP 6 will bring "support."

Despite the claims Apple doesn't support 24p -- Apple does. The current issue of the HDV@Work Newsletter begins this story of how to -- for both Apple and Avid.

HOW is the other big question of FCP 6? Fix Cinema Tools? AIC support? Native support?

Greg Quinn May 14th, 2007 10:49 PM

OK, thanks Steve. I was told that it's meant to be shipping around now, so I guess we'll hear soon.

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 14th, 2007 10:59 PM

Apple announced 24p support at NAB 2007, and showed a V1U in one of their presentations although they did not specifically comment on the camcorder. I do believe (perhaps wrongfully) that our own Heath McKnight blogged about the new features.
FCS 2.0 will be shipping soon, but not "about now."
VASST will offer FCS 2.0 training on the day FCS ships.

Farishad Latjuba May 15th, 2007 01:51 AM

FCP cannot grab for a pulldown to 24P.
What about PAL version? Will FCP able to get the 25P into its timeline. Since my understanding that 25P is not really a pulldown from the 50i.

I'm using FCP, and the discussion regarding FCP not be able to grab something from V1 have dettered me to buy this product.

Heath McKnight May 15th, 2007 08:12 AM

I actually wrote it for VASST.

heath

Greg Quinn May 15th, 2007 11:18 AM

I'm a tad surpised that it's not yet known whether FCP6 supports V1U 24P pulldown removal, or that folks in this forum who do know aren't spilling the beans, since the product has already been publicly demo'd/announced.
Greg

Heath McKnight May 15th, 2007 11:36 AM

I honestly have no idea, and I was at the NAB event. Apple is always secretive and may have been tweaking other stuff leading up to the release this month. My hope is the removal of the 24p pulldown in the V1u footage, along with perhaps AVCHD support for those with the consumer HD cameras.

heath

ps-I moved this to the Non-Linear Editing on the Mac page, where more eyes can see it.

Steve Mullen May 15th, 2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight (Post 679758)
I honestly have no idea, and I was at the NAB event.

Bottom line, there was no anouncement at the Apple Event.

So we have continued claims of support by one person -- yet his claim remains unsupported. Exactly where we have been since last summer.

However, Apple does support 2-3 pulldown removal for FCP editing at 1080p24. I've used it. So I'm not sure why folks keep saying there is NO way to do it.

Steve Benner May 15th, 2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 680009)
Bottom line, there was no anouncement at the Apple Event.

So we have continued claims of support by one person -- yet his claim remains unsupported. Exactly where we have been since last summer.

However, Apple does support 2-3 pulldown removal for FCP editing at 1080p24. I've used it. So I'm not sure why folks keep saying there is NO way to do it.

From what I understood from the DV article was that the only problem occured when using the Sony in the 24A mode since it always records on an "A" frame. I thought that when in regular 24P Mode the pullown gets removed correctly when selecting the 1080/24P HDV preset?

Heath McKnight May 15th, 2007 06:36 PM

As I said in another post, I took a look at my NAB notes and wrote that there was a V1u at their enormous booth. Hmm...

heath

Josh Hayes October 5th, 2009 10:18 PM

Did this ever get resolved

I'm going to be getting Final Cut Pro 7 soon, and I was curious, did this ever get resolved? I got to briefly look at it on a job site a few days ago and saw a Sony HDV 24P setting now. Does this mean I can finally drag a clip shot on my V1U at 24P and not have to worry about removing the pulldown myself?

Josh Hayes October 6th, 2009 01:16 AM

re: ever get resolved

Or is 24PA and capturing ProRess 422 still the best option?