DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 29th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #1
New Boot

Final Cut Studio 2 License Registration Issue

I've purchased a copy of Final Cut Studio 2 for my work. The installation went well and the programs are running properly in terms of working with video. However, I get the prompt to enter my name, organization, and serial number every time I open any of the programs. The programs work, so it doesn't cripple their functionality, but it is incredibly annoying.

If it helps in finding answers, I have it installed on the internal hard drive of my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions on fixing this annoyance is appreciated.
Zach Janky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Wrangler

Are you using the software from the same user account that you installed it from? If not then that might cause some problems. Also, were you connected to the internet when you registered? IIRC, you need to create an Apple ID when you register hardware and software. You should be able to login to Apple's website and see what you have registered there. Sorry, it's been awhile since I had to do this so I don't remember the specifics, but if you look at the support area on their website you should find some info.

If none of this helps, I believe Apple support will help you resolve the problem.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for your help. I went to the Apple support site and found a tip that fixed it. I'll copy and paste it here for anyone else having this problem.

"If you've already serialized your application and downloading an update causes it to stop working, try removing your System ID file and enter your serial number again. The System ID file for your product is located in
/Library/Application Support/ProApps/"

Just delete it and start up one of the programs. It'll create a new one when you enter the information.
Zach Janky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Janky View Post
Thanks for your help. I went to the Apple support site and found a tip that fixed it. I'll copy and paste it here for anyone else having this problem.

"If you've already serialized your application and downloading an update causes it to stop working, try removing your System ID file and enter your serial number again. The System ID file for your product is located in
/Library/Application Support/ProApps/"

Just delete it and start up one of the programs. It'll create a new one when you enter the information.
Thanks for posting that. I'm waiting for my new Pro to come in so I can install FCP2. Hopefully I wont run into the same issue. But it's easy to fix anyway.
Jules Ruez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite