DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 31st, 2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Compressor, QT Pro movies don't work on web

Compressor seems to have stopped producing compressions that work on the web. When I upload a movie and go to the page, there's the big Q and in the corner of the browser window it says 'Done,' so I assume it can't be loading.

I had the brilliant idea (cough) to use QT Pro and it worked well a couple times but then I tried another, and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

I've read that in Comp 2 adding saved settings can cause oddities down the line. How do I get rid of my saved settings? I thought dumping the plist would do it but they're stilll there.

I'm using FCP 5.1.4 on a MBPro, 2.33.

best,
elmer
Elmer Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

you may be experiencing codec incompatibilities. if you use QT7 Pro to make a MOV, just be sure you have selected h.264 and you shouldn't have a problem.

(I just did this today, if you're interested Water Lily Timelapse)

Last edited by Dick Campbell; June 1st, 2007 at 08:07 AM.
Dick Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Campbell View Post
I just did this today, if you're interested Water Lily Timelapse)
Hey, that's wonderful!! How long was the original footage and at what ratio did you compress it (timescale-wise spoken) ? And I take it you locked the exposure, right?
Best,
Dino
Dino Leone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I didn't know how long the blossom would take to fully open, so I couldn't calculate an interval time. (I used an HVX200 in interval mode, taking one frame every one second for 3.5 hours)

So I wound up with about 7 minutes of video, which I then ran at 2000% in FCP to bring the total time down to 20 secs.

And yes, I used manual iris, which stayed fixed the entire time, so it starts to blow out at the end, so I stopped it down the last half hour to see what it did.

This was all just an experiment for me to work the bugs out. In future I will try auto-iris.
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Campbell View Post
I didn't know how long the blossom would take to fully open, so I couldn't calculate an interval time. (I used an HVX200 in interval mode, taking one frame every one second for 3.5 hours)

First of all,very beautiful video!

My question is if this INTERVAL MODE is available on the Canon xh A1,or if there is a way to do the same.

thanks
Manuel Fantoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Fantoni View Post
First of all,very beautiful video!

My question is if this INTERVAL MODE is available on the Canon xh A1,or if there is a way to do the same.

thanks
I have no knowledge of the Canon. If it can't do variable frame rates, it probably can't do interval. The only other way is to record in real time ( a long time, so you would have to live capture or change tapes), and speed it up in post.
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #7
Regular Crew

It's been a while since I used it but I think ScenalyzerLive capture software for PC lets you capture frames time-lapse style. Not sure if that works from tape or just live. There's a free demo.

Shayne Weyker
http://weykervideo.com
Shayne Weyker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite