DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM   #1
Major Player

FCP Pro 5.0 not capturing correct audio track

Hi, I'm using Canon XL2 footage where I recorded with a mono shotgun mic on channel 2. For some reason when I capture my clips they show 1 audio track that is blank.

Now, I can hear the audio playback, and it's coming out of channel 2. I've tried a few things. in the clip settings I've had both channels with the green light on to indicate they're being recorded, and I've tried just track 2 highlighted as well, and also combining the two into mono.

If I do a "capture now", I get the audio, but I'm hoping I can figure out what is wrong with my settings since we have all the clips logged already.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Major Player

As a quick test preform a native DV resolution capture test in QT Pro with 10 seconds of a clip. QT Pro 'New Movie Recording' feature as it is called under the file menu should record the first 2 channels from the XL2. 'You will have to change the prefs in QT to enable native'

This will confirm a FCP issue or not.

James
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Well I think I figured it out. I was batch capturing the clips and there is a box checked by default to use the clip's settings, so it doesn't use the ones that you have set if you changed them. So un-checking that box solved the problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite