DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   HD Capture (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/95769-hd-capture.html)

Cindy Konits June 4th, 2007 02:50 PM

HD Capture

My mac is a 4x2.5 GHz PowerPC G5, running FCP 5.1.4. I have Sequence Preset set to HDV-1080i60, Capture Preset set to HDV, Device Control Preset set to HDV FireWire Basic, but Final Cut Pro still isn't recognizing the HDV tape in camcorder (sony HVR-A1U) (connected by firewire) for capture! Anybody have a suggestion?
Cindy

Bankim Jain June 4th, 2007 05:05 PM

On Earth,,,, How do i dump a HD200 footage 720p50 2.66 Quad Xeon 3GB etc etc. confuseddd

John Cash June 7th, 2007 12:18 PM

Cindy, try setting your firewire control device to Sony HDV. I know FCP will work with the HVR-V1U ,thats what Im shooting with. As long as you have all the online upgrades you should be fine

Justin Ferar June 7th, 2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankim Jain (Post 691830)
On Earth,,,, How do i dump a HD200 footage 720p50 2.66 Quad Xeon 3GB etc etc. confuseddd

Use the AIC 720p30 easy setup. After you have selected the preset make sure to change the frame rate to 60 (59.94).

Then digitize via firewire.

You won't have timecode until Apple supports HDV 720p60 (720p50 in your case).

Or get a Black Magic or AJA card.

Craig Parkes June 8th, 2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy Konits (Post 691763)
My mac is a 4x2.5 GHz PowerPC G5, running FCP 5.1.4. I have Sequence Preset set to HDV-1080i60, Capture Preset set to HDV, Device Control Preset set to HDV FireWire Basic, but Final Cut Pro still isn't recognizing the HDV tape in camcorder (sony HVR-A1U) (connected by firewire) for capture! Anybody have a suggestion?
Cindy

Hopefully you've got this sorted by now but if not check the menu settings on the camera itself. I believe you need to switch it between DV playback and HDV playback (at last you do on the Z1P). And make sure that it's also not down converting the HDV to DV (another setting).

Could be something else of course, but it's something fairly easy to overlook.

Cindy Konits June 10th, 2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Cash (Post 693438)
Cindy, try setting your firewire control device to Sony HDV. I know FCP will work with the HVR-V1U ,thats what Im shooting with. As long as you have all the online upgrades you should be fine

John,
Thank you, and others who have posted responses about this very much...I changed firewire control device to Sony HDV...and I'm very embarrassed about this, but I realize the camera hasn't been connected to the computer by firewire, but by USB instead. And I can't find a firewire cord that will fit in the camera's HDV/DV input for this! Should it have come with the camera? (please don't laugh!!)
Cindy

Bill Davis June 10th, 2007 09:09 PM

Sometimes manufacturers include cables, other times not.

Firewire (iEEE 1394) cables come in two termination types. Six pin and four pin. Computers all want to see 6 pin. Most camcorders and decks use 4 pin. So you probably need a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cable. Radio shack, Best Buy and a lot of other general computer/electronics vendors sell them.

The newest and fastest implementation is Firewire 800 - not very common on equipment and cameras yet - you likely don't want that.

Good luck.

Cindy Konits June 13th, 2007 01:08 PM

Thanks so much! I got the cable and finally I can digitize.
Cindy