DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 21st, 2007, 05:44 AM   #1
New Boot

Having problems with direct ethernet connection and Sharing

I have a G4 and a Mac Mini connected directly with an ethernet connection and when I try to connect to the other computer and enter the password it keeps saying the password is incorrect:

Unknown User, incorrect password or login is disabled. Please retype the name and password.....

What settings am I overlooking?

I just dropped in a new HD for the G4 as the system disk and video disks were all failing. I was able to transfer everything to the mac mini, then I installed the new HD and erased the disk and installed Tiger. I happened to name the Mac HD SCHMEG when setting up Tiger, should I have kept it the same....Mac HD?

I need to get everything back from my Mac Mini to my production computer so I can get back on this project since I can't use my Mac Mini with FCP4. I might have to actually downgrade and purchase a 1.42ghz Single Core Mac Mini with the AGP card on board to be able to use FCP4.
Jerrod Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Major Player

So all you need to do is transfer stuff from your Mac Mini hard drive to another Mac hard drive, right? Get a 6 pin to 6 pin FireWire cable, shut down one computer, and plug them into each other. Hold the T key and turn the computer on. You will see a FireWire logo on the one computer, and the hard drive of that computer will show up on the desktop of the other computer. This is called target disk mode. Hope that helps.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite