DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 13th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #316
New Boot

Motion Templates in FCP 6.02 Frame rate problem

I have a few motion templates setup for FCP for titles and intros etc.

Since i have upgraded to 6.02 (Motion 3.02) the Templates frame rates have jumped from 25fps to 30fps which looks fine on the timeline but is out of sync when i render.

When I open the templates in Motion again the frame rate is locked! Grrr!
anyone else having similar problems or found a workaround?
R. Phil Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #317
Regular Crew

Quicktime Conversion Problems

I receive edited final copy on a DVD that included bars and tone. I have to edit out the bars and tone, and convert the final output to Quicktime format for broadcast on local access cable TV.

I import the VOB files into FCE after converting with FFMPEG into DV format so I can edit. After making the changes I try to export in QuickTime format, using the custom settings to capture 720X480 NTSC 4:3 format for broadcast.

The resulting output contains no audio. I use setting of 48,000 and stereo - L+R when exporting. The original DVD shows both channels of audio when imported into FCE as a DV file, and I can verify that the sound plays perfectly in FCE.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Len Capristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #318
Regular Crew

sony clip browser software

Hello All
Is anyone out there using the clip browser software that comes with sony XDCAM EX1 . I down loaded the 1.1 version and I am still not able to view or transfer clips. This is on a Mac of course.
Thanks for any help or instruction on this topic.
Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #319
New Boot

FCS 2 upgrade

Hello my name is Juan Camara, I would like to know which one of the upgrade I need to install, I have final cut studio 5.1 the product # is MA288Z/A
Please let me know
I tried the last week to install an upgrade, and when i put the first disc the computer dont recognized I have this final cut and asked for a serial #, when i put the serial apperas invalid serial#, Iam the only one that have this serial, please also let me know if I have to re install the FCS 5.1
Juan Camara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:48 AM   #320
Regular Crew

An HG10 and FCP 24p question...

Hi there,

My workflow has been thus: Take footage shot in the HG10's 24p mode, run Log and Transfer, the transcoded footage ends up being ProRes 1440x1080 at 29.97. I take the ProRes footage and apply the Compressor step that changes the frame rate and performs the Reverse Telecine, outlined here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306389, originally written for HV20 users).

I recently noticed in FCP 6.0.2's Log and Transfer util, there's a "Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames" import preferences box (checked by default, see pic): http://www.seanmccormick.biz/outbox/HG10/log.gif

How does the above setting affect the incoming footage shot using 24p? Is the Reverse Telecine step in Compressor unnecessary, making it only necessary to change the frame rate after importing the files?

Thanks in advance for not beating me over the head with the answer if I'm missing something obvious here. :)

Any thoughts welcome,

Sean
Sean McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #321
Inner Circle

Audio distortion with HDV and FCS2 on MacBook Pro

I have been having problems with HDV audio playback on my MacBook Pro ever since I upgraded to FCS2. The distortion is clearly a problem with the playback of the audio and not an issue with the capture of the file. It sounds like a CD skipping and then resuming playback. The resumed audio stays in sync with the video. It happens whether the audio is coming from the HDV clip or not. Exported video files play fine on other computers and DVDs made from the videos are fine as well.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I did not have this problem with FCS 5.1 ever.

Last edited by William Hohauser; December 18th, 2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added info
William Hohauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #322
New Boot

Question about the upgrade to FCS2

I have an old copy of Final Cut Pro 3 I used awhile back. I got out of video, but now I'm back with a new iMac and looking to get into FCS2. I noticed that there is actually an upgrade package that works with my old FCP3 software. Will this work? My iMac is Intel, so it can't read that old disc. How will the upgrade work then? Or does it just need the serial number?

Thanks
Kevin Bowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #323
Major Player

Playing HD's Created on a Mac in a multi format player?

We all know that if you burn an HD project on a mac that it will play in a Toshiba player, what I would like to know is will it play in any of the multiformat players such as the pioneer ect... the ones that are suppose to be able to play both formates. All the dealers around me in the Sacramento Ca area either have a blue ray hooked up or a red ray, I have yet to see a mutiformat player hooked up and working, they have them they just dont have them hooked up so if anyone out thier has had the oppertunity to try this I would greatly like to hear from you and of the results. Thank in advance Gary Williams
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #324
Major Player

Outputting from Premiere options on Mac?

I was wondering what options there are for editing HDV and exporting to SD dvds for film festivals/sale/promo etc? I want to get the highest possible quality and am not sure if they have programs like Tmpgenc and debug frameserver etc. I`m a bit lost at the moment switching to the Mac.
Old December 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #325
Regular Crew

Xserve Hardware Questions

1. Is it possible to daisy chain two xserve servers for faster processing power?

2. Are the Clovertown processors compatible with the Xserve?
Adam Palomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #326
Major Player

Monitoring card for Premiere and FCP on MAC

Hi eveyone,

I'm looking for a decent solution to output signal from PPro and Final Cut Pro to external monitor. I was considering AJA Kona LS/LSe or Decklink SP. Right now all my projects are SD, and my budget is rather tight.

Anyone has any experience with these cards? Thanks.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #327
Regular Crew

FCE audio features

What would I be missing out on with FCE vs. FCP as far as audio goes? I wanted to record my own music and use it in a documentary and want to make the leap to a macpro with FCE to start. Not sure if there are other threads on the audio features of FCE or not. I don't know what I would need beyond adding music and the ability to fade, etc.
Thanks.

Last edited by Mike Donovan; January 6th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.
Mike Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #328
Major Player

Premiere CS 3 missing transitions

I installed the CS3 Production studio and just realized that I am missing about %75 of the transitions in Premiere that I had in CS2 at work. What gives?
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #329
Regular Crew

Expanding my Editing suite

All,

Im looking to expand to another monitor, actually a HD TV monitor. But I am running an iMac and an external monitor already. I want to add to that and have a raw output from the FCP output monitor up on the wall as well as the 22" Widescreen. Anyone have any solutions? I have been looking at AJA products but dont know which way to go with it.

Derek
Derek Nickell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite