Audio trouble in FCP6 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #16
Major Player

Yesterday I tested some DVCPRO HD clips that were having this problem on one of my boxes on another identical system and it works fine. The plot thickens :) So I just restored an older image I have with 5.1.4 and am going to have to finish this project on that. After it's done I'll do a fresh OSX and FCS2 install and test the heck out of it. It might take a month or so before we're finished though.

Henrik, what kind of system are you on btw? And what type of video? Codec? Camera?

All of mine have been 720pN24 and 60fps from an HVX.
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Crucean View Post
Yesterday I tested some DVCPRO HD clips that were having this problem on one of my boxes on another identical system and it works fine. The plot thickens :) So I just restored an older image I have with 5.1.4 and am going to have to finish this project on that. After it's done I'll do a fresh OSX and FCS2 install and test the heck out of it. It might take a month or so before we're finished though.

Henrik, what kind of system are you on btw? And what type of video? Codec? Camera?

All of mine have been 720pN24 and 60fps from an HVX.
PowerMac G5 2 x 2,5GhZ with 5gb, latest system and FCS.
I have mainly been doing DV-work earlier, but now I have an XH A1, so I've been testing a lot of HDV and also DVCPro HD-conversion of XH A1-footage (Mainly 1080f/p25), and I've had problems in all as far as I can remember. Which leads me to believe this is not codec-dependent. Today I did a large project in DV with LOTS of audio-problems, but finally got it right, so I was very happy to jump onto a DVPRO 1080p25-project I'm doing, only to find major audio-issues there too. (Stereo-delay/pitch-problems, I don't know exactly how to describe it)
So I took a little break, and when I restarted FCP the project worked... That's what kills me, it's random and on and off this problem for me..

What system are you on?

Edit: I did a fresh format/new OS-install before I installed FCS2, so that shouldn't be the issue, but I'm glad you're testing it! :)
Henrik Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Henrik - Pitty that did not help..... you probably don't want to hear this, but our producer is just back from a doc festival where she was chatting with someone from a very large production house, and that company has decided to go back to FCP5 until FCP6 is more stable.... it has cost them very large sums of money in lost time....

While we are just a small company... we are getting really tired of the amount of problems there are these days with upgrades for this and that... I seem to spend more time sorting problems than getting on with my job...

Hope you get an answer soon to your issue....

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #19
Major Player

Hey Henrik, yeah we definitely have the same problem. The computer I'm testing this on is a few months old MBP. The other computer I tested it on is an almost identical MBP and it was fine, which got me thinking about the differences...

On my laptop, it's not my main computer so I have lots of garbage installed. It's not that it's poorly maintained, it's mainly just that more apps are installed. Not as fresh. FTP client, adiumX, CS2, etc...

On the other laptop (the one that worked fine), it was a nice fresh install with only minimal apps installed.

Both systems have the latest software installed. OSX 10.4.10, FCP 6.0.1 and the rest of FCS2 is up to date.
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #20
Go Go Godzilla

Since FCS2 is a new app then everyone who purchased it can get free phone support from Apple; has anyone called this in and created a support ID for this issue? If everyone here did that then Apple would most certainly get to fixing this faster than if they read about it on the forums.

So far I haven't run into this issue but I'll be looking to test it soon.
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
Since FCS2 is a new app then everyone who purchased it can get free phone support from Apple; has anyone called this in and created a support ID for this issue? If everyone here did that then Apple would most certainly get to fixing this faster than if they read about it on the forums.

So far I haven't run into this issue but I'll be looking to test it soon.
I've done the "Provide feedback" on the web a couple times, as a bug-report, so if they read those they should be aware of it.
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Reach View Post
I've done the "Provide feedback" on the web a couple times, as a bug-report, so if they read those they should be aware of it.
Yeah I did this also. However, I haven't called in. I most likely will after I get back to testing it though.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Soundtrack Pro

Hi:

I have been reading this thread with great interest as I am about to begin a new project with FCP Studio 2.0.1 and tend to use SoundtrackPro extensively.

I have noticed that current software, whether it be for 3D animation, video editing, audio editing, etc, written in the Universal Binary Format, does not seem to function as well or as reliably on a Mac G5 as it does on an Intel Mac. Of course, this is my personal observation, but I wonder what the majority of this thread's posters are using, i.e. G4, G5 or Intel Mac, and if the above observation is in any way related to the described audio issue?
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #24
Major Player

Well, Henrik is on a PPC based G5 and I'm on an Intel based MBP.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Soundtrackpro

Well, so much for that theory.
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Crucean View Post
Well, Henrik is on a PPC based G5 and I'm on an Intel based MBP.
Just checking, do you use 44,1 or 48 khz in your sequence settings? Switching that helps my slowmo-problem at least, not sure about the echo etc..
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #27
Major Player

I'm always at 48kHz
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite