DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Warning - This clip does not match this sequence's settings (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/98353-warning-clip-does-not-match-sequences-settings.html)

Matt Case July 6th, 2007 04:26 PM

Warning - This clip does not match this sequence's settings

While attempting to drag clips into my editing timeline, FCP warns me that my clip isn't matching my sequence settings and asks if I want to change my sequence to meet the clip's format (yes or no).

When I tell FCP "yes" to changing the sequence settings, the sequence settings get changed to an editing timebase of 29.97 (I originally set my sequence to 23.98 as I shot 480i/24p on the HVX200 using DV tape).

My complete original sequence settings are...

Frame: 720 x 480/NTSC DV (3:2)
Aspect Ratio: NTSC - CCIR 601/DV (720 x 480), Anamorphic 16:9
Editing Timebase: 23.98
Quicktime Video Settings: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Are my original sequence settings incorrect and should I use 29.97 as FCP wants to push me toward, or am I okay to continue editing in 23.98 despite the warning FCP is giving me? I guess I'm confused as to why FCP doesn't like me using the 23.98 setting despite having shot in 24p.

Ervin Farkas July 7th, 2007 02:55 PM

I have no experience with FCP but it should be similar with Premiere - you should have an option to conform your footage to the project settings (in PremPro you right click on the asset and choose "conform). Under no circumstances should you let the project settings be changed to this clip's properties.

Gene Crucean July 7th, 2007 10:34 PM

It's because it's actually recorded on tape in a 29.97 stream.

Try recording as 24pa (advanced) and remove the pulldown with cinema tools to get a true 24p video.

Try this... open up one of the 24p clips in quicktime and hit apple-i. I bet it will say it's a 29.97 file. OR, you can just continue to edit in a 29.97 timeline.

Max Bettelle July 9th, 2007 11:50 AM

Use the 23.98 time line and do the rendering! in this way you ' ll remove the pulldown and you' ll edit in true 24p!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Case (Post 708119)
While attempting to drag clips into my editing timeline, FCP warns me that my clip isn't matching my sequence settings and asks if I want to change my sequence to meet the clip's format (yes or no).

When I tell FCP "yes" to changing the sequence settings, the sequence settings get changed to an editing timebase of 29.97 (I originally set my sequence to 23.98 as I shot 480i/24p on the HVX200 using DV tape).

My complete original sequence settings are...

Frame: 720 x 480/NTSC DV (3:2)
Aspect Ratio: NTSC - CCIR 601/DV (720 x 480), Anamorphic 16:9
Editing Timebase: 23.98
Quicktime Video Settings: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Are my original sequence settings incorrect and should I use 29.97 as FCP wants to push me toward, or am I okay to continue editing in 23.98 despite the warning FCP is giving me? I guess I'm confused as to why FCP doesn't like me using the 23.98 setting despite having shot in 24p.