Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Round buttons for DVDStudioPro

Hey all,

I posted this in the DVD/Web video forum with no response so I hope you guys will be more help.

I'm trying to create round buttons in photoshop for a DVDStudioPro project. I can't figure out if there is a way to create a round photoshop document, if there is a method, I doubt I'm going to figure it out. So going with the rectangular document, I'm able to create a round button sorrounded by transparent pixels, but then DVDStudioPro wont recognize the shape to use as a button (and what's the point of a button you can't see?) Is there a settiing within DVDstudiopro or a workflow within photoshop that can solve my dilemma?

Thanks
Greg Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Wrangler

Inside the DVDSP program "package" (Google "Show Package Contents) if you have no idea of what I'm talking about...

Anyway...inside the program package are the buttons Apple provides, known as "shapes". Copy one to the desktop, then open in Photoshop.

The button "shapes" are 4 layer .psd files. Opening one up in Photoshop will make it clear how to make one of your own.
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This will explain what Nate mentioned

http://dvdstepbystep.com/useelements.php

good info here - http://dvdstepbystep.com
Pasquale Benedetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Guys,

Nate, I should have done what you said from the begining, much simpler than what I was trying to do.. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of space to be creative with shapes in DVDstudiopro. I'll post a screen shot of the finished menu if you like.

Thanks much
Greg Hartzell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite