DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

External view jumpy

Hello again. I am editing with FCP 3. When I view on my external monitor (TV) the playback will stop and go black for a fraction of a second. It does not do this when viewing on the canvas alone. It has not always done this so I have to have changed something probally in the settings but cannot find where. I have "All Frames" selected in External Video. If anyone knows where i should look, please advise.
Thanks in advance,
Ken
Ken Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hudson View Post
Hello again. I am editing with FCP 3. When I view on my external monitor (TV) the playback will stop and go black for a fraction of a second. It does not do this when viewing on the canvas alone. It has not always done this so I have to have changed something probally in the settings but cannot find where. I have "All Frames" selected in External Video. If anyone knows where i should look, please advise.
Thanks in advance,
Ken

How is your video signal getting to your TV monitor? Capture card, camera, deck?
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Firewire from the computer to a Belkin USB/Firewire hub to a Canopus ADVC Converter to the TV Via RCA Cables. This setup has worked flawlessly in the past.

Uhh, Thanks Jeff. As I was typing this I remembered a problem once before where the USB hub had to be rebooted. I unplugged it for 15 seconds, hooked it back up and bingo! It all works now. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Ken Hudson; July 13th, 2007 at 02:23 PM.
Ken Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite