Burning HD-DVDs @1080i in FCP 5.1.4 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 8th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #61
Regular Crew

So how do we get a professional presser? LOL!
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #62
Major Player

You have a professional company with the gear make your mass copies.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM   #63
Regular Crew

On that same concept, will a regular DVD duplication house be able to duplicate a DVD-5 with HD-DVD content? It seems like they should. What do you guys/gals think?

Thanks.
Jeff
Jeff Krepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM   #64
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Krepner View Post
On that same concept, will a regular DVD duplication house be able to duplicate a DVD-5 with HD-DVD content? It seems like they should. What do you guys/gals think?

Thanks.
Jeff
I don't see why not, but then again, I don't know anything about the DVD duplication process. I'd make SURE though, before I put the money down to have this done, that it worked in most (if not all, because there aren't that many) standalone HD-DVD players.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #65
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Krepner View Post

Thanks.
Jeff
You should have no problem as it is still a dvd-r that happens to have data encoded for hd-dvd.

Chuck
Chuck Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #66
New Boot

making a blu ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Walton View Post
DVD SP 4 User Manual (Page 22):

HD Video Assets
There are a variety of sources for HD video assets to use in your HD projects, with the most common being DVCPRO HD and HDV camcorders.
• With DVCPRO HD, once you have finished editing the video, the result will need to be encoded to the HD MPEG-2 or H.264 video format.
• With HDV, which is already compliant MPEG-2 HD video, you can edit the video in Final Cut Pro 5 and import the result directly in your HD projects.

I can't believe it myself, but in retrospect it makes sense. My Canon XH-A1 records to Mini-DV tape using HD MPEG-2 and DVD SP 4.1.2 requires HD MPEG-2 or H-264 files to burn HD-DVDs. What this means is that there is no need to encode using compressor, and that the footage captured from my camera will be identical to the footage displayed on the HD-DVD. The encoding happens only once in camera and thats it. No transcoding of any kind is needed.

Hugh
What about if i want to burn a blu ray disc? I cannot see any setting for it on the latest DVD STUDIO PRO.... thanks
Max Bettelle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite