Help from Netscape users please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 7th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Help from Netscape users please

I'm shooting for a series of transparent flash video overlays next week and the client's web supplier is telling me that the sample I directed him to won't appear in Netscape 7, and is jerky in Internet Explorer - on a high speed satellite connection. I've never had a report of performance issues on any of my newest examples and I'm dubious about this gentleman's input. Might I ask anyone using the Netscape browser, particularly ver. 7, to check out
www.toronto-island.com and let me know if the transparent video (of me) appears and plays on top of the image that forms a banner of sorts across the top of the page? Thanks for the help.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Trustee

Happened to have Netscape 7 installed on this computer, so I fired it up and tried out the Web page. Your Flash clip played fine. Also tried the page in IE 7, and it played just fine in that browser as well.

My hunch is that the gentleman needs to install the latest Flash players for both Netscape and IE. Adobe produces two separate versions, one for IE, and one for Mozilla/Netscape browsers, so he would need to visit the Adobe Flash page with each browser to update.

There's also the possibility that his computer might not be fast enough to play the Flash animation at full quality.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Many thanks, Christopher. I appreciate the reassurance.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video