pd150 as a web cam. how to? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old June 28th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #1
Major Player

pd150 as a web cam. how to?

how do i use my pd150 as a webcam? trying to video chat on windows messenger and yahoo mesenger using my pd with no success.
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Major Player

I havent used my VX2k but ive been succesful with my PC-110 and yahoo. I just hooked the cam up via FW and in the yahoo messenger box select the webcam icon and it will prompt you to invite whoever you want to view the cam and that was it. You also can select your connect speed etc. should be about the same for the 150. All this was done on a Mac not sure if you are on PC or Mac.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #3
Major Player

sorry. didn''t know there was a forum that better fit my question. did quick search there and pretty much found what i was looking for.

if i understood right, i'd be better off just going out and buying a cheap web cam.

but i'm still curious why it doesn't work. hooked up my camera to the firewire port. but windows messenger and yahoo messenger won't recognise my camera for video chat.
Old June 28th, 2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Major Player

matt: pc
Old July 6th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Tourist

I've been using a ATI PCI TV-Wonder in my docking station with my laptop.. then using analog RCA for a while. worked great!... BUT i found a program that works well for Firewire input (dont need to lug the Docking station around anymore)

OrangeMicro has a program for $20 called WebCamDV
http://www.orangemicro.com/webcamdv.html

Have Fun kids,
Marc

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video