Wide format video output like this... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Major Player

Wide format video output like this...

Hello,

How do I create wide format output like this? I have sony vegas and AE7.

Here's the link: http://www.bigseminar.com/

Or is this a Flash thing?

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

remarkably easily!

have a look through Part 1 & 2.

have fun!

http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/ae_titles.html
Chris Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what preset they used in the link I pointed you to for the sweeping text? The text that sorts of leaves a sweeping trail when it comes in. I'm sure it's some text effect preset in AE that they're using?

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm not sure which one you mean, but it's either motion blur you need to look at, or in the help menu, you can view the animation presets gallery, and see if it's in there?

Chris.
Chris Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

There is a good chance that they are as Chris stated above, motion blurred layers. The start of the animation could be animated as 3D objects, parented to nulls.

If i was creating that piece, I would manually animate the moving of the text by hand (using the nulls), and then apply the motion blur to it.

And you can output AE compositions to Flash quite easily

If you go to the help menu on AE, you can find details on the animation presets in a menu option. Glow rays under "Synthetics Animation presets" might be of interest to you.

Also check in the text Animation presets. the "Straight in by word" preset might be what you are after.

Regards

Niall

Last edited by Niall Chadwick; April 15th, 2008 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Correcting errors :)
Niall Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Davis View Post
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what preset they used in the link I pointed you to for the sweeping text? The text that sorts of leaves a sweeping trail when it comes in. I'm sure it's some text effect preset in AE that they're using?

Thanks,
Troy
First type your text. Looking at the first frame you want them to animate, go to: animation>browse presets. The "bridge" will open and click the folder that says TEXT. Find the animation you want in there, there's tons of stuff and all you have to do is double click and it will apply to your selected text layer. Maybe you already tried this.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video