Best file hosting solution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Best file hosting solution

Hey. I was wondering what you guys use for transferring very large or multiple video files from one hard disk to another over the net. I'm not too familiar with FTP but I'm thinking one would need webspace for that right? What if neither party had any of their own webspace, then what?

I've seen sites like Media Fire and many like them but they have a maximum file size limit of 100MB which just doesn't cut it.

How else can I get large video files transferred over the net?

Please don't suggest that we use snail mail or courier because I'm in South East Asia and the other party is in the West Coast of the USA, that's literally the other side of the world!

Any help?
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

maybe LeapFILE | Enterprise File Exchange, Now On Demand
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Hmmm, but isn't LeapFile a paid service? What I'm looking for is something that's free. I don't mind the adverts as long as I get the work done. Then I go nuts with adaware :)

Any free service? Anyone?
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Trustee

Ran a quick search and this site popped up: Transfer Big Files Free - Send Large Files up to 1GB

There's also the free Windows Live Sync service. I used this with a client on a recent project to transfer large files that the Windows Live SkyDrive service couldn't handle.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video