DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flash / Web Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/)
-   -   How do I create a Flash video like Vimeo..?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/140666-how-do-i-create-flash-video-like-vimeo.html)

Eddie Coates January 1st, 2009 05:03 PM

How do I create a Flash video like Vimeo..??

I am the proud owner of a SONY EX1 :) !!

I am wondering how to create a flash video exactly in the same format as Vimeo ??

What software should I use to create the type of flash video that is on Vimeo for my very own website...??

I am running on a new i7 Core 2.6 with 12 gigs of DDR3 1333 RAM and i edit in Premiere Pro CS4

Any Help would be so appreciated..!!

Chris Hurd January 1st, 2009 05:10 PM

Originally posted to our XDCAM EX forum, although I have no idea why, since the topic has absolutely nothing to do with the Sony EX1. Moved to Web Video Delivery where it belongs...

Wes Coughlin January 1st, 2009 05:41 PM

Vimeo encodes its HD videos at 1280x720 in an FLV format at around 1.5-3 mbps variable bit rate (VBR).

You can use numerous free video encoders to encode to an flv format such as winff - Google Code for windows or Download ffmpegX for Mac - DivX/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 encoder and more. MacUpdate Mac Video Software Downloads for mac

Eddie Coates January 1st, 2009 06:09 PM

Ok.. I must admit I am very new at all this... Thanks for the encoder info I am going to try it.

Another question...

I use CS4 Prem Pro, what file type should I render or save to import to the winff encoder..??

What file type should I use that does compress or degrade the quality of the video before I import to the WinFF encoder..??

Wes Coughlin January 1st, 2009 11:38 PM

If you are using Premiere pro cs4, you can just go to file->export->media encoder and export your video as an FLV format.

Andrew Stone January 2nd, 2009 12:14 AM

Eddie,

If you want to host the video on your own website you will have to not only generate the flash video the ".flv" file but you will have to also have the ability to generate the "wrapper" code for your html file, a javascript file and the image files for your "scrub bar". I am not sure if Premiere generates these for you, if not you will need to use either Flash or Dreamweaver to generate all these extra bits.

Maybe someone can chime in about what Premiere does and doesn't do in terms of generating the necessary files to get Flash video web ready.

Eddie Coates January 2nd, 2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Stone (Post 987423)
Eddie,

If you want to host the video on your own website you will have to not only generate the flash video the ".flv" file but you will have to also have the ability to generate the "wrapper" code for your html file, a javascript file and the image files for your "scrub bar". I am not sure if Premiere generates these for you, if not you will need to use either Flash or Dreamweaver to generate all these extra bits.

Maybe someone can chime in about what Premiere does and doesn't do in terms of generating the necessary files to get Flash video web ready.

I use Dreamweaver to insert .flv files That i can do, i was just wonder if there was a great
quality flash video creator that was smaller in files size as well.

Floris de Rijke January 2nd, 2009 10:11 AM

If you wan't to post a Vimeo style video on our site, why not just upload it to Vimeo and then embed it on your website? This also saves you from taking up to much online storage and bandwith since the video's are being hosted by Vimeo. Just my 2 cents.

Ken Campbell January 3rd, 2009 12:46 AM

Floris has a great point. If you use Vimeo or YouTube to host your video you don't have to worry about converting to FLV and can render to MP4 before uploading. If you don't want to use Vimeo or YouTube you can still render to MP4 and just change the extension to .flv and the Flash Player will play it just fine.

Wes Coughlin January 3rd, 2009 12:36 PM

Should not change mp4 extension to flv. Ever since flash player 9 (we are currently on 10), flash can playback h.264 video in a .mp4 wrapper. This is how YouTube is playing back their HD videos. If you want to read about the differences of Vimeo's and Youtube's HD playback check out YouTube Is The New Vimeo | Vidlivery

Mike Brice January 4th, 2009 11:32 AM

I use this program:

DV Kitchen at DVcreators.net

It works well and it's pretty cheap as far as software goes.

There are some more expensive programs, but for a beginner like me, this works well.

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Coates (Post 987283)
I am the proud owner of a SONY EX1 :) !!

I am wondering how to create a flash video exactly in the same format as Vimeo ??

What software should I use to create the type of flash video that is on Vimeo for my very own website...??

I am running on a new i7 Core 2.6 with 12 gigs of DDR3 1333 RAM and i edit in Premiere Pro CS4

Any Help would be so appreciated..!!

Alison Parker January 4th, 2009 05:08 PM

I use Adobe Flash CS3 Video Encoder to turn my .mov's into .flv's.

then it's just a matter of making the player to put on your website..

check out longtailvideo.com for an easy way to do this. in fact, here's the link to their set up wizard which will process the code you need to put on your site, to make it look vimeo style.

Setup Wizard | LongTail Video | Home of the JW Player

hope that helps!

Alison

Ervin Farkas January 5th, 2009 07:42 AM

As of January 2009 there is nothing better than playing mpeg4/H264 using the Flash player. Trust me, I spent the last two years of my life testing.

Take a look at I reached the top! Video quality on YouTube - The Digital Video Information Network

I hope this helps,

Gints Klimanis January 7th, 2009 05:25 PM

Vimeo says they use ffmpeg. If you comb their Help forum, you'll find the scripts they use for encoding.