YouTube HD again... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #1
Major Player

YouTube HD again...

YouTube must still do some processing to your files when you upload the 720p ones. I know they generate the SD version, but I noticed that the first 30 seconds of video gained a little choppiness that wasn't there in the WMV file.

Has anyone noticed errors or artifacts introduced by YouTube's HD processing?

Just curious.

My video is here, if anyone's interested.

YouTube - Five O'Clock People "Stable Boy" (watch in HD)
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yeah, I've seen chopiness when I import HD to YouTube as well. I've found it helps (or at least seems a little better) if I don't use too high of a bitrate when encoding the video. If I restrict the data rate to 3000 kbits/sec maximum, my results look a little less choppy than if I use a higher rate.
Nate Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Jeremiah, played fine beginning to end for me. Looks and sounds great!
Ken Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Also remember that they are still very new to HD. They are doing updates daily. The first HD clip I uploaded only played back the first :30 or so, as if it was the entire clip. It was this way for about 4 weeks. Checked yesterday, and now the full clip plays back. So all these issues will be sorted out on the backend, and automatically updtated.

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video