Watermarking at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Watermarking

Unfortunately, it's often necessary to watermark an uploaded video to deter unauthorized use. I can see where some people might be offended at having a name or logo staring at them through a production. Are there any conventions or rules of etiquette associated with watermarking?
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Major Player

If you are going to watermark your videos keep it discreet, in the corners or center bottom. Look at your local TV stations for guidance. In my opinion if you don't want your videos used don't put them online.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock View Post
In my opinion if you don't want your videos used don't put them online.
Agree with Nicholas on watermarking size and location. Also agree with his statement above. If you use one of the popular video hosting sites like YouTube or Vimeo, you're surrendering virtually all of your rights to your piece.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video