DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flash / Web Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/)
-   -   Web site backgrounds created from HD10 video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/19573-web-site-backgrounds-created-hd10-video.html)

Fernando Vossa January 10th, 2004 06:05 AM

Web site backgrounds created from HD10 video

I just uploaded rev.1 of our new website for Vossa studio in San Diego. This site was created using targa sequences (compressed down to jpgs) then assembled in flash. It is an experiemnt.

www.vossa.org

Editing was done on Vegas Video, and images sequences generated through Premire.

If you are in San Diego the week of January 12, please stop by and see High Def video captured with the HD10 camera.

This studio is also a high definition screening room for those of you who need a home base right downtown. I can share directly my 2-month experience with this camera and the entire editing trail.

The video is shown in 720p directly out of our PC workstation (DVI out) on to a 120" rear projection glass screen. The projector is a new JVC IDLA with 1400x1050 native resolution in 1500 lumens. DV video by comparison does not play well at this size.

All video samples have 0% adjustments. The video is straight from the camera.

Best Regards,

Troy Lamont January 10th, 2004 11:28 AM

Nice!

Fernando,

That's a nice up front design. So the images used were captured from the HD10?

Thanks.

Troy

Fernando Vossa January 10th, 2004 03:21 PM

tnx for checking it out

Yes, all of the images were captured with the HD10, these are sequences generated from 720p Video.

I reduced the size from 1280x720 to 960x540 so they fit in 1024x768 desktops.

No manipulations were done at all to the color, brighteness, contrast! These are straight from the camera.

It is a bummer that I had to compress them for the web, but the result is a cool concept under 250k per scene. Of course the possibilities of this technique are unlimited because all of the combinations of FX and collage/cut-outs one can do in photoshop.

Now on presentations that come staright from the PC, you can use the actual video at ful res as your background.

Christopher C. Murphy January 10th, 2004 06:56 PM

Nice work Fernando!

Murph

John Locke January 10th, 2004 07:01 PM

Nice Flash work, Fernando.

One thing I'd recommend is to put an invisible square behind each text link in its "hit" state. Right now, you have to put the cursor exactly on the thin lines of text. By putting a square "hit area" behind the text in the "hit" state of the button, there will be an invisible field making it easier to click the link.

Fernando Vossa January 10th, 2004 07:08 PM

hir area on rollover

tnxs for the tip on the rollovers, this weekend I am refining. Sorry to moderators if this is off topic.

Tnx for all of the feedbak!

John Locke January 10th, 2004 07:10 PM

No problem...I'm moving it to the Web Delivery forum.