vimeo letterboxing my HD video?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

vimeo letterboxing my HD video??

hey y'all,

I uploaded a hd video to vimeo last night using my same workflow and custom Compressor setting...everything was fine as usual, but when I got to work this morning and watched the video..the height of the Vimeo player has expanded and there is letterboxing on the top and bottom..it is still showing "HD is on/off" option, but I have no idea why it would be letterboxed like that. I noticed on the link I had posted to facebook, the embedded SD version is letterboxed as well...I'm stumped...should I just re-upload and see what happens.

Let me know if you have come across this in the past and what's the workaround. Here is a link to the vid, hopefully you can see what I'm talkin about in the embed:

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

ok really weird...the embed shows up fine on here (dvinfo) aspect ratio-wise, but now no video is playing only audio and a black screen..what the hell is going on here?? it's the same on vimeo...
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video