Help with Format Jungle, Please. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Help with Format Jungle, Please.

I have been asked by one of our clients to provide a compressed sample of a SD 4:3 video I shot for streaming on their Web Site. The say they use "Windows Media Server 4.2". Would H.264 be a good choice?

Last edited by Glenn Davidson; June 2nd, 2006 at 01:28 PM.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Trustee

Last time I tried it Windows Media Player wouldn't play an H.264 file, unless Nero 6/7 was installed. I would recommend encoding the file using the Windows Media 9 codec, as long as Windows Media Server 4.2 can stream a Windows Media file with that codec (from the little I found from a search Windows Media Server 4 is an old version).

I'd recommend asking your client what version of the Windows Media codec they want you to use. It's their Windows Media Server, so they should be able to tell you.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris for your logical advice. I will ask them what the need. Meanwhile, I will continue to search DVi as I machete my path through the Codec jungle. By the way, the conference clips on your site are pretty cool. I like the lighting of the speaker at the podium, the effect on the screen and the titles. Makes we want to add to the clip I send to my client.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks for the compliment. Hope you get everything sorted out.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video