Brighcove.com - On-Line Video Distribution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 13th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #1

Brighcove.com - On-Line Video Distribution

I think this company is doing great things and can't say enough about the positive experiences that I've had using it for the last week. For those of you looking to streamline your operations for distributing video on-line, take a look at this -

http://www.brightcove.com

PS. Jeremy Allaire is the founder.
Old November 13th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #2

Sorry guys, could a moderator please delete this double post?
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Derek,

Yeah... I've been looking at them closely for an on-line sitcom I'm developing.

What are you distributing? Are you buying the badwidth or using their "split the ad revenue" model? Are you making any money?

I'm very curious to see how it is going.

I was developing my own flash player that had similar funtionality... they only feature their player was lacking for me is a menu that let the user choose episodes right there in the player.

So who is Jeremy Allaire?

Thanks for bringing it up...
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Gribble
What are you distributing?
I'm the Advertising & Internet Director at a luxury automobile dealership. I'd been wanting to make the move to adding video to our site for some time now (right around the time I joined these forums in August of 2005), so to answer your question, I'll be using Brightcove.com to play the short in-house video's we make for our automobile Web site.

Originally I had planned on playing them in my own Flash Player, but Brightcove was able to offer quite a bit when it comes to not just getting the videos on-line, but the distribution aspect. And the reporting tools are excellent.

Quote:
Are you buying the badwidth or using their "split the ad revenue" model?
We'll be buying bandwidth on an as needed basis. As of now the service is free until the first of the new year.

Quote:
Are you making any money?
Really, I'm using it for the "ease of distribution" factor and streamlining the process of putting the videos on-line. Through all the tools in their console, and a well thought out tabbed workflow, Brightcove offers the user the easiest way (that I've found) to automate getting video on-line in a professional presentation that can be customized in several ways. Our goal is to offer our clients more convenience on-line.

Quote:
I was developing my own flash player ....
I was too, and had a pretty good one ready to go... Until I started using this. Brightcove's product will enable you to take "developing my own flash player" off your to-do list. It did for me, so now I'm able to focus more on producing the content instead of developing the Flash Player. And when you get the chance, take about 5 minutes to see all of the things that your viewers will be able to do with the video (in the player), adding even more convenience for them while making your videos more likely to be viewed and forwarded to others via emails and RSS.

You can see how I've prepared our videos using Brightcove here, just click any of the channels under the autobahnTV text (BMW, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover, VW, or Porsche).

http://www.shopautobahn.com

Thanks Barry.

Ahh, more on Jeremy Allaire here ~
http://corp.brightcove.com/about_bri...ip_allaire.cfm

Last edited by Guest; November 13th, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #5
Major Player

Derek,

Thanks... yeah, it is a nice player, and your content looks good too.

I notice that you are letterboxed... do they not have a 16x9 player? That would bum me out a bit because all my content is 16x9.

Like I said, the only think that's holding me back is that my player had an option to select content with-in the viewer. I read somewhere about an API... I may look in to that.
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks... yeah, it is a nice player, and your content looks good too.
Thank you.

Quote:
I notice that you are letterboxed... do they not have a 16x9 player? That would bum me out a bit because all my content is 16x9.
The folks at Brightcove seem to really be great with support and listening, which is another reason I like this company. When the 16:9 issue was brought up in their support forums, the reply was this:
"We are definitely working on 16x9 support. I am very much looking forward to this as well."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video