Super - Video Conversion Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Super - Video Conversion Software

Group,

I'll start by saying that I've spent the last 5 hours scouring the board and others looking for a tight and foolproof work flow to convert some HDV footage into Divx or MP4 or Xvid or Quicktime or anything that will work for fast downloads and deliver amazing quality with little effort on my part.

I've been working on some 3 - 4 minute videos for real estate tours and each time I encode to another format from my timeline or transcode via Procoder or Adobe Media Encoder, the results are dismal and the file sizes are nearly 100 megs.

So while playing with the (as W would say it) Da Google, I stumbled on a write up of a transcoder over on Doom.net, they recommended "Super" (www.erightsoft.com) which can basically convert anything to anything and best of all it's freeware.

I opened the software and got familiar with it in about 3 minutes, followed the guide on DvdGuide.com (http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/143/59/) and transcoded a 3 minute M2T Cineform file over to MP4/H.264 for Quicktime in about 4 minutes and the final file size was 26 megs which was smaller than some of the exports that I had done with Premier and Procoder, but this time the output quality was incredible! On a scale from 1 to 10 this was a 9!

That said, I wanted to share as I know that others are often looking for some workflow or software to deliver and it appears that this one is really cool.

Miguel

*** Disclaimer ***
I am NOT affiliated with or represent the owners / creators of Super, I am merely a satisfied user.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Wrangler

I've had that software for about a year now and it works pretty good. It also allows you to watermark a video (under certain codecs) which is pretty cool.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Another satisfied user here

Just stumbled upon it a week ago on another forum and I also like it.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Major Player

I stumbled across it a few weeks back. works great, but I have had a couple issues, where I couldn't get the resulting file to play properly. audio played fine but no video, which I think would be a codec issue, but since Super has the codecs??? probably just not in the right place.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mecca
I stumbled across it a few weeks back. works great, but I have had a couple issues, where I couldn't get the resulting file to play properly. audio played fine but no video, which I think would be a codec issue, but since Super has the codecs??? probably just not in the right place.
I'm just in awe that my very expensive ProCoder app can't provide the same quality as the free app. I took an H.264 file created in both apps and compared them and one looks like a DVD the other looks like VHS, actually a VHS that has sat on a shelf for 10 years and lost some of it's coding!

I'm glad to see that others were using it with satisfactory results, now why hadn't it been posted here <grin>.

ML
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Major Player

Miguel,

I just never got around to posting about it. I've only used it a few times, this morning was the latest. I came across a flv file I wanted to convert to something I could edit quickly. getting it to convert properly (when the audio codec and other information was unavailable in the file info) took some time. The audio was way out of synch and the video was double or triple speed. I finally got it using the Divx codec, but there is that little divx watermark in the lower right.

It's a good little program and the price sure is right!
Old January 4th, 2007, 05:00 AM   #7
Regular Crew

But that's got to be the MOST annoying download site in the world. Click download, and it brings you to another page where it yaps some more about how you really want to download this program...so you click download again, and it brings you to yet another page where it yaps and yaps and tells you to be sure you download a good copy...so you click again and...

Sheesh.
Daniel J. Wojcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel J. Wojcik
But that's got to be the MOST annoying download site in the world. Click download, and it brings you to another page where it yaps some more about how you really want to download this program...so you click download again, and it brings you to yet another page where it yaps and yaps and tells you to be sure you download a good copy...so you click again and...

Sheesh.

yes that was major league annoying.. I thought I was losing my mind...LOL

but for the price...
Old January 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Major Player

This stuff rocks!!

I've been very unhappy with my web encodes out of Premiere Pro recently...I've been looking for something else...this was it!!

Thanks!
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #10
Regular Crew

ok here are a couple of fact
the software AVS Video Converter is NOT FREE you have to register it and pay. this is providing that you can find where to download it from there are so many darn windows you have to navigate oh and best of all the trial version put a watermark in your video after a 35mb download.

my verdict dont waste your time nothing in life is free
James Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Inner Circle

James, we're not on the same frequency: you're talking AVS, we're talking http://www.erightsoft.org/SUPER.html.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video