YouTube; Best Compression tips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 15th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #16
Trustee

Sure, go ahead and send it to me via private email. The smaller the file the better and I'll encode it with the suggested settings.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #17
Major Player

What I found most intriguing was it seems that the sound stayed in sync, although I wasn't totally sure because there were no talking heads.

Quality was very good. On my old Imac (with maxed out ram), It looked like I was seeing about 6-8 frames per second. The fuel guage that shows how quickly the image is loading seemed to be moving perfectly along, actually ever so slightly moving faster than the elapsed running time of the video.

-----------------------------------

I had a question about the fallen tree. I assume it was a fallen tree, no? It definitely adds an interesting visual element to the video, but it made me wonder what it took to make the tree fall, which for me slightly contradicted the serene mood you otherwise effectively created.
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #18
Trustee

Good question. When most people think of Florida beaches they think of lots of sand, sea oats and sand dunes. Cape San Blas is a very unusual place in that half of the peninsula is dunes and on the other half the tree line (mostly pines) goes right down to the high water line. As the tree roots erode and the trees fall into the ocean it makes for an unusual sight with the twisted, weather worn and polished wood. Also, this area has been hit with 3 huricanes in the past 3 years. When framing that shot I tried to show how the forest was intertwined with the ocean and how it was on the loosing side of the battle between land and water.

Regards,
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renat Zarbailov
The video quality is superb!!!!! And the video is very soothing and peaceful, very good job! You say you used Quicktime Pro? ...If this is a chore, is there a way Quicktime Pro lets you export presets, so I would get the program and import the preset compressing it myself.
Thank you very much!
Before springing for QuickTime Pro, you might want to give MPEG Streamclip a shot. It's completely free, and should give you just as good or better quality H.264 encodes than QuickTime Pro. Just make sure you have the (free) QuickTime 7 Player installed so that MPEG Streamclip has access to the QuickTime H.264 codec. MPEG Streamclip does support creating your own presets.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams
Here a video that I uploaded to youtube
Thanks a lot for sharing that video, Mark. I kind of forgot about the quality although it seemed very good. You really took me there and I like the pace of the edit and music.

Some great close-ups of the water fowl. What did you shoot this on, if I may ask?

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #21
Trustee

Thanks Greg,

It was shot with a pany DVC-30 all on a tripod. This shoot was one of those occurances when I felt I was in the "zone". Of course it helps when no matter which way you turn there is something photogenic.

Regards,
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams
I know cross posting is prohibitied but please forgive me as this might be helpful.

Here a video that I uploaded to youtube and I am satisfied with considering how poor quality youtube generally is . It is about 40mb for 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEE7ORJCS9c

I think I could eek out a little more quality if I had to. Setting were as follows in Quicktime Pro.

Compression H264
Quality - high
Key Frame rate - 24
Encoding pass -2
Dimension 320x240
Audio AAC
Sample rate 48,000
Bitrate 128 kbs

Hope this helps.....

the quality looks great.

My material is SD avi and I am using Vegas 6.
Any suggestion which settings could result in similar quality?
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #23
Regular Crew

That footage indeed looks superb!

I've been messing with different codecs and settings the last few days now to get my footage as clear as possible to put in on youtube, but it just isn't right yet.
I export my movies from final cut pro with Quicktime Conversion, with the MPEG-4 codec, at 30 fps (all my movies are shot on 25fps), and 'Keyframe' and 'Data Rate' settings set to 'automatic'. I try to keep the quality set at 'Best', except for the movies that are 6minutes or longer, because then I have to set it to 'High' to stay within their 100Mb limit. Doing so I feel that I just don't do justice to my films, as there is way too much artifacts and quality loss going on!

At least the sound sounds good (settings: apple lossless, 48kHz, Best Quality).

...But I'll try to compress them with the H.264 codec now!
I also heard that Sorenson 3 is an interresting compression to yield high quality with small files..!?

Any suggestions on the audio settings? (Maybe this takes up way too much space?)

Also, is it normal that with a 6minute (or longer) movie file, at those settings, I'm getting over the 100MB??

If you want to have a look at the quality: the link is in the sig...

Thanks in advance!
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #24
Major Player

Have a look at: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=95625
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 03:24 AM   #25
New Boot

YouTube accepts .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mov
File size limit is 100 MB
Time limit is 10 min

for cobverting, compressing & stuff have alook at VidCrop
http://www.geovid.com/VidCrop/
David Angelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 03:55 AM   #26
Major Player

Just make sure to not compress your already compressed video files when exporting to a different file format.
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Look what I found...
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic346256.html

Renat Zarbailov of Innomind.org
Renat Zarbailov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #28
Major Player

That's a VERY interesting link! Thanks for sharing!
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video