Help re web video..I'm having a brain meltdown at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help re web video..I'm having a brain meltdown

This might sound stupid but help!! A couple of weeks ago I exported a .wmv file from my timeline in PPro 2, I uploaded the file to the web and it plays fine, the image is around 3" x 2" on screen.

I have just come to export another clip for web use and can I get the settings right? The files are coming back as mega size files 1.6GB for a 5 minute clip. The ones I did a couple of weeks ago were in the low mGb's.
Can someone give me a quick answer, what setting do i need to use in the Adobe Media Encoder to get a decent quality but quite small .wmv file.

I don't want to use 3rd party software as I managed this a few weeks ago great.

Please help before I pull the rest of m,y hair out.

~Thanks.
Carl Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Carl, I haven't used Adobe Media Encoder in several years but I can tell you that your file size will aways tied to resolution (expressed as pixels by pixels) and data rate (expressed as kbps). Also make sure you are sending out an encoded .wmv and not an .avi or something larger, you may be inadvertently selecting the wrong export format.

If you set the output to 320x240 Windows Media and medium or even high quality, your end product should be well under 100MB.

Spend a little more time with the application and you'll figure it out.
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hill View Post
Carl, I haven't used Adobe Media Encoder in several years but I can tell you that your file size will aways tied to resolution (expressed as pixels by pixels) and data rate (expressed as kbps). Also make sure you are sending out an encoded .wmv and not an .avi or something larger, you may be inadvertently selecting the wrong export format.

If you set the output to 320x240 Windows Media and medium or even high quality, your end product should be well under 100MB.

Spend a little more time with the application and you'll figure it out.
Thanks Benjamin,

I woke up early this morning, went into the studio, and started again, and amazingly pushed all the right buutons and flicked the right switches and got the result I was looking for. Don't know what I was messing at before, just one of those days I guess, but i've now sorted it. Thanks.
Carl Walters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video