Microlite Shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old September 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Microlite Shoot

Just thought I would post this for the laugh! My Brother fly’s a microlight and I went up with him and brought my hv30 and Simi Fisheye, had a Merlin in the van that i popped on for a few shots. As you can see i couldn’t keep the camera steady for the aerial shots.

The runway was a road up the top of some mountains near when I live. Another pilot friend joined us for the laugh in his helicopter. Im the one having a heart attack at the end.

Flight..... on Vimeo
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Trustee

I've done a lot of work from deltawings and microlights. Stills photography is no problem as you can obtain sharp images using high shutter speeds, but video can be a headache and is why I've found that it is best to choose clear, still days and fly very early morning well before the sun is too high, to avoid the warm thermals that buffet the aircraft.

Buffeting winds can push the front of the lens when you face the video camera towards the front of the microlight, so I often point towards the tail section so that your head/shoulders can block some of the slipstream.

Helicopters are generally a lot smoother so make it easier to obtain stable video footage.
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tips tony. Yeah i knew nothing about shooting video in the air. Thanks for the comments
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras