DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flying Cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/)
-   -   Fisheye aerial with 5dmk2 and Helicam (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/468105-fisheye-aerial-5dmk2-helicam.html)

Jeff Scholl November 20th, 2009 03:12 PM

Fisheye aerial with 5dmk2 and Helicam

Little variation on a morning dog walk:

GravityShots Fish Eye Dog Walk Aerial

5dmk2 with 15 fisheye and remote helicopter.

Cheers,
Jeff Scholl

Ken Diewert November 20th, 2009 05:08 PM

Jeff,

Damn... I like it. Now I just spent the last hour looking up this whole helicam concept. I was looking at chartering a real one to get some stock footage.

I assume you have an RC of your own with the camera carrying apparatus underneath. Can you give us a little more info on the rig.

Martin Labelle November 20th, 2009 05:29 PM

I wish I not see your video
Because now I want to become a 5d mkII pilot. All my goal in life are change and my finance will probably be too.

Thank you

Jeff Scholl November 22nd, 2009 10:44 AM

"my goal in life are change and my finance will probably be too"

Exactly, it is by far the most challenging thing I have done, but it also has provided the biggest reward.

Best,
Jeff Scholl

Thomas Weilguny November 29th, 2009 11:01 AM

very nice! the heli pilots in your area must be starting to hate you...

Jay Kristensen March 16th, 2010 09:32 AM

If you are interested in this type of shooting or want to see more check out the following sites...

RunRyder RC Helicopter Topic - Operator Links - Aerial Photography & Video - Page 1

Aerial Videography and Photography - HeliFreak

I can tell you form personal experience that this is not something you just decide to "give a go". I've been flying RC helicopters for about three years and still do not have the courage to put $3000-$4000 of camera gear under an $2000 heli. The guys who are doing it with their photography or video are making great money doing it (if they are any good) but it is a HUGE money investment. There is a whole lot more to it than just strapping a camera to a helicopter and going. Just the mount, downlink, monitor and various needed electrical rc components will set you back a couple grand. It is however really awesome to see what some people are doing. Check it out!

Buba Kastorski March 18th, 2010 02:11 PM

good info
Aerial Photography - New York, New Jersey, San Francisco

Tony Davies-Patrick March 18th, 2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Scholl (Post 1450223)
Little variation on a morning dog walk:

GravityShots Fish Eye Dog Walk Aerial

5dmk2 with 15 fisheye and remote helicopter.

Cheers,
Jeff Scholl

I loved the clip, Jeff, and the fish-eye view added a new dimension to the aerial footage.

I think however, that a few seconds of near ground-level footage close-up of the man with dogs would have added to the overall feel of the short clip.