I need aerial woodland shots !? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Trustee

I need aerial woodland shots !?

Hi guys

I'm in the process of re-cutting my Panda winning film Hudson's Monarch for the Jackson Hole festival. I am looking for any aerial material of deciduous or broken woodland. I would be happy to pay something for the right material.

Many thanks
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: I need aerial woodland shots !?

If you go to YouTube and look up "Big Rocks and Long Props", the guys who shoot those DVDs might have some air to ground stock footage left over from their shoots. They are based I think in the US in Oregon which is deciduous as well as pine country as far as I know.

One of the pilots used to post here on the Panasonic DVX threads.

If you look up Bob Grimstead on YouTube as FournierBob, he is in the UK and flies air displays. At a pinch, he might be able to shoot some air-to-grounds for you from his RF4D but his camera is a GoProHD and the lens is a fisheye, which means barrel distortion. Pointing straight down which he might be able to do with his wingtip mount, the barrel distortion is less apparent when there is no horizon in the shot.

One of the other Fournier pilots in Finland recently posted some wonderful images of migratory cranes flying in formation in thermals as he and they circled for lift. I think he was using a conventional digital stills camera from inside the canopy which brings the wing into the shot but he might have access to a video camera or even some stock footage. If you don't have any luck in the next few days from other sources they might be worth a try.
Attached Thumbnails
I need aerial woodland shots !?-jorgens-cranes.jpg  

Last edited by Bob Hart; May 6th, 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: significant error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Trustee

Try here, they have tons of stuff.
Aerial Forest Stock Video Footage, Sound Effects and Music
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks for the heads up guys. There might be one clip I can use on that stock site.

I know there was someone who posted some aerial tests that would have suited some time ago on here. I've looked through this forum and I can't find it however, maybe it was in another forum on here...

Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras