rc helicopters in slowmo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old July 24th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Tourist

rc helicopters in slowmo

Hi guys,

last week i filmed a rc helicopter event and now finished the editing.

some shots are filmed with the sony nex5n.

have fun watching it.

Marcus
Marcus Gelhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: rc helicopters in slowmo

Been flying RC planes and helis for a very long time. And gotta say this is one of the best event videos I've ever seen. Both shooting and editing are superb. Nice to see the slow motion footage mixed in at appropriate times and not overused. One of the most shocking things about this level of flying is the quickness of the manuevers. Cool to see both real time and slowmo!
And then my comment on the pilots...those guys are crazy! I was happy being able to get a low inverted hover! To purposely scrape main blades on the pavement?? And the guy who chewed his tailblades off right before landing? WOW!! Guess I'm just getting old!
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Great video. Really enjoyed that. Nice to see how you can transform the coverage of a simple event with creative camerawork. Top Job! Linking to that on on my FB page.
Old July 24th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
Been flying RC planes and helis for a very long time. And gotta say this is one of the best event videos I've ever seen. Both shooting and editing are superb. Nice to see the slow motion footage mixed in at appropriate times and not overused. One of the most shocking things about this level of flying is the quickness of the manuevers. Cool to see both real time and slowmo!
And then my comment on the pilots...those guys are crazy! I was happy being able to get a low inverted hover! To purposely scrape main blades on the pavement?? And the guy who chewed his tailblades off right before landing? WOW!! Guess I'm just getting old!
thanks robert,

if you want to see these crazy guys live, come to the ircha event this year, it's in Muncie, IN. 15th - 20th august. :) i will be there also and film with the fs700 ;)

regards
Marcus
Marcus Gelhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Marcus, what model lenses did you sue for macro and wide angle?
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Gelhard View Post
thanks robert,

if you want to see these crazy guys live, come to the ircha event this year, it's in Muncie, IN. 15th - 20th august. :) i will be there also and film with the fs700 ;)

regards
Marcus
I've seen several of those guys down here at our club events. Plus the Szabo's are regular visitors. Just google that name along with RC and you'll understand. HaHa! At something like 10yrs old, Danny was a sponsored pilot while Alan who wasn't much older was winning all the freestyle events. This was like 8 years ago. I wanted to break their thumbs!
Someday my kids will be doing all this stuff and I'll be sitting in a rocking chair wheezing "I remember when heli's couldn't even fly upside down!"
Can't wait to see the next video!
Keep up the good work!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras