DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flying Cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/)
-   -   Aerial video of couple on wedding day (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/518740-aerial-video-couple-wedding-day.html)

Chris Geiger September 5th, 2013 12:47 AM

Aerial video of couple on wedding day

Last weekend I did a short shoot of a bride and groom on dock over looking a lake at sunset.

James Manford September 5th, 2013 12:53 AM

Re: Aerial video of couple on wedding day

Hi Chris

Is this what you provided to the clients, where they happy with this?

Some of those shots are great.

But personally, two or three smooth aerial shots mixed in to a convential film is what I would of done & provided.

I personally thought watching non-stop aerial footage was boring/tedious. It's obvious you've just stuck a camera on to something and your making it go up and down and side to side ... where as if you used a few of those shots and mixed it into a proper trailer with your conventional DSLR video (so may be with some slider work and/or glidecam if possible) it would of had an overall WOW factor and made friends / guests appreciate it more.

Dylan Tobias September 5th, 2013 05:53 AM

Shots and some movement is strange and obvious and gives away that it is not a helicopter.

Chuck Spaulding September 5th, 2013 09:47 AM

There's some nice shots there. What camera did you use? At times it looks too good to be a GoPro, others it has that GoPro fisheye look, but overall nice flying.

Great place to live/get married, where is that?

Chris Geiger September 5th, 2013 12:06 PM

This was shot as part of a promotional piece I am doing for a wedding venue that I shoot at - Wolf Lakes in Fresno California. On this day this was all that I shot and a copy was given to the bride at no cost. She also had a regular photographer and videographer for her whole day. I hope her videographer is able to work in a bit of this aerial work with their ground footage. I personally believe that flying a quad like this is too disruptive for a typical wedding. I was only shooting for about 10 minutes. We just wanted to get the area around the chairs and the dock. We had filmed the doc previously but without a B&G standing on it it really seems empty.

Only about 30 seconds of this will make it into the final cut. The final work will be a combination of about 50/50 aerial and ground work. This larger version is for the bride and groom.

The camera is a hero 3 black set at the medium field of view (the wide angle gives that nasty fish eye look). I did adjust the levels and color color correction in post.

Here are some clips from another day at this location, this time without anyone there.