DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flying Cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/)
-   -   Rate My Flying (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/519014-rate-my-flying.html)

John Cash September 17th, 2013 11:55 AM

Rate My Flying

Went out Saturday morning to get some surf shots, or just practice framing my subjects.

It was foggy so bad lighting , but I do feel pretty good about framing my subjects. I flew 3 batteries for a total of 24 minutes. This was the only good "set" that came in . Please feel free to give advice

Coral Cook October 1st, 2013 05:28 PM

Re: Rate My Flying

Nice shots, and it looks pretty stable. What are you using?

John Cash October 2nd, 2013 09:42 AM

Flamewheel 550 and RCtimer gimbal-GoPro 3 Black.

Chuck Spaulding October 2nd, 2013 01:47 PM

Are you flying FPV or LOS? What frame rate did you shoot and what frame rate did you use for editing?

Certainly smooth didn't see any jello. It appears to be 60P in a 30P timeline, if its 30P in a 30P timeline that's a bit more impressive, slowing it down by 50% makes a lot of things look better.

Because the shot is so wide its good as an establishing shot but kind of static, it started to get more interesting as you began following the action of the first surfer but then you panned back to the next surfer, I would have liked it better if you continued following the surfer.

Having said that, this clip is more impressive if you were flying LOS.

What motors and props do you have on your 550? Also, how well do you like the RCTimer Gimbal? I'm consider this one for the NEX5n ASP 3-Axis Nex-GH5 Gimbal With AlexMOS 3axis controller - Gimbal - RCTimer RC Plane Car MultiRotor APM and MultiWii Carbon Fiber Propeller Hobby Store

John Cash October 2nd, 2013 08:34 PM

I'm flying a bit of both Chuck. No FPV goggles but I have a seven inch monitor I'm framing with . I grabbed this clip from 30 minutes of video (8 min x 4 batts) i have three other nice rides filmed this was easy to shoot. A few days later I shot some bike riders in the skate park and that was too fast and too close to look at the monitor but that footage is better. I shot in 1080 30 p. I didn't stay on the first surfer because the wave was closing out and I saw two more set waves coming and it had been very inconsistent that morning. I really had to move to get back outside for the second surfer and that's the shake at the end of the first wave

My Hexa has the AVroto 2814s. And Grapner 11 inch props. I also have the arm extension kit to allow for the 11 inch props

On the RCTimer GoPro gimbal -I have a total of 140 dollars
In it and I get a whole lot better footage than my Heli. I am currently building a Tarot 960 and bought a hero Zenmuse for it I plan on starting out with the goPro and then Go with the nex5
Gimbal you have or a full size DSLR gimbal depending on future paying jobs

I'm using this hexa to make a demo reel