My New Build at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Major Player

My New Build

Started building a new multirotor for carrying something bigger

Its a Tarot 960.Using a Naza V2 controller . I am starting out with the DJI Zenmuse gimbal for the GoPro. Im hoping to upgrade to s GH3 and the Zenmuse Z15

Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2183688...7636193943226/
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: My New Build

Looks great. I've been considering doing a DJI F550 build. Any benefits to the Tarot 960?
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Trustee

Nice setup John. Where did you order the Tarot 960 from, Foxtechfpv.com?

What's included in the kit?

I don't have a Tarot 960 but I've built a few DJI F450 and F550's and one benefit of the Tarot 960 is its size, there's just more real estate to mount peripherals plus you can use more powerful motors with much bigger props, I'm guessing the props on the demo reel are at least 15", you'd have to use extenders on the F550 to be able to use props that large.

Of coarse if your not planning on lifting more than a NEX then you probably wouldn't need that large a prop anyway but its there if you need it. Just depends on how brave you are to fly expensive camera's..

Plus I have a Hex that I've used 13" props to lift a Canon 60D and you might be surprised how big the overall outside dimensions are, it barely fits in a small cargo van so they aren't that portable. The folding arms might go a long way to solve that problem as long as they aren't a source for increased vibration.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Major Player

I bought the combo from Infinity Hobby Chuck. Frame, 320KV motors and 40 amp ESC's for 799.00
I couldnt pass on that. I wanted a larger platform because of wind mostly.

I do have a 550 with the motor extensions and I do love it, but this was just the next step.

Im still trying to live the dream of doing this for a living so I just plug along and hope.
I did spring for the Zenmuse for the GoPro Just taking small steps untill I can afford a full size DSLR gimbal.
Im also waiting to see what the FAA does.
John Cash is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras