DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flying Cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/)
-   -   Don't Install DJI H3-2D 1.6 Update! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/520685-dont-install-dji-h3-2d-1-6-update.html)

Chris Geiger December 18th, 2013 02:54 PM

Don't Install DJI H3-2D 1.6 Update!

Think long and hard before installing the update!

Recently I updated my DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal software from version 1.4 to version 1.6. I noticed two changes. First the tilt range is now limited and you can no longer tilt up past the horizon. Second is the smoothness of the tilt control is gone and the gimbal reacts instantly to user input. This creates jerky movements when adjusting the tilt. I recommend you not install this update. There seems to be no way to uninstall it once it has been installed. I believe version 1.4 worked better.

Here is video comparing version 1.4 to 1.6.

The 1.4 software is no longer available from DJI so if you have it I recommend you keep it!

Chuck Spaulding December 18th, 2013 06:48 PM

Re: Don't Install DJI H3-2D 1.6 Update!

What happened to your video?

Jody Arnott December 18th, 2013 07:06 PM

Hrm I'm using 1.6 and haven't noticed either of those issues

Chris Geiger December 19th, 2013 12:17 AM

Your using the GCU 1.6 and IMU 1.4 update from November 20th. On December 16th they released an update for the IMU to version 1.6. That is the problem update. Don't install it or you will have the problem. Next time your plug in your zen and run the assistant it will ask to update the software. DON'T DO IT! Once it is installed you can't go back.

Jody Arnott December 19th, 2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Geiger (Post 1824962)
Your using the GCU 1.6 and IMU 1.4 update from November 20th. On December 16th they released an update for the IMU to version 1.6. That is the problem update. Don't install it or you will have the problem. Next time your plug in your zen and run the assistant it will ask to update the software. DON'T DO IT! Once it is installed you can't go back.

No I have the latest updates, I did it the other day. No issues as I said.

Chris Geiger December 19th, 2013 12:05 PM

Consider this your warning. If your gimbal can tilt up above the horizon you do not have the current software that was released on Dec 16th. If you install the December 16th update you will not be able to use the full range and the tilt control will not be as smooth as it was before. Once this update has been installed you can't uninstall it.

These are the facts.

Chris Geiger December 19th, 2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding (Post 1824927)
What happened to your video?

Looks like youtube changed the url. I have updated the link

Jody Arnott December 19th, 2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Geiger (Post 1825041)
Consider this your warning. If your gimbal can tilt up above the horizon you do not have the current software that was released on Dec 16th. If you install the December 16th update you will not be able to use the full range and the tilt control will not be as smooth as it was before. Once this update has been installed you can't uninstall it.

These are the facts.

I don't mean to argue, but I have the latest software (1.6, I just checked). I updated it a few days ago, and now no further updates are available.

And the gimbal can still tilt up above the horizon.