? Any issues with 5.8G FPV 200mW Video Transmitter TX + at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Major Player

? Any issues with 5.8G FPV 200mW Video Transmitter TX +

Hi
Am looking at this 5.8G FPV 200mW Video Audio Transmitter TX + 5.8GHz Rx Receiver Kit 8CH
found here 5 8g FPV 200mW Video Audio Transmitter TX 5 8GHz RX Receiver Kit 8CH | eBay
And I'm wondering if it's safe to use with a phantom in particular the GPS aspect.
I'm sure it's being used but Id like to hear from some users of the system please
My specs
Phantom v1
futaba t8j
zenmuse black back pmu2
datalink
7" 1280 x 720 ips a/v / hdmi screen
next - maybe the fpv mentioned above or if not then the dji avl58
I'd save almost 200.00 going with this over the dji and since long range wont happen with me I''m more concerned with compatibility
thanks for your thoughts
Bruce

Last edited by Bruce Dempsey; April 21st, 2014 at 07:44 AM.
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: ? Any issues with 5.8G FPV 200mW Video Transmitter TX +

I bought this same unit from a different Chinese supplier a few weeks ago. I thought it would be the cheapest way to experiment with fpv and that I could upgrade later. In fact I have found it can do everything I need very reliably. I just needed it to frame still and video shots up to about 300mtrs maximum and it has been fine for that with the included antenna. It's also great for knowing how close I actually am from obstacles instead of guessing.

I'd go for it, at that price it's worth a try:-)

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:05 PM   #3
Trustee

I had experience with this product in the field last weekend on an RC plane and hexacopter.

It works fine, but I feel that the antenna might be the weak point. Both this 200mw version and another boscam 500mw version we were using had pretty severe interference less than 100m out. We were in a rural area (empty corn field) so not thinking it's a frequency thing. Once our multirotor (with the 500mw) got higher up, the signal started to get pretty scratchy. Same issue with the RC plane. We're going to try purchasing a few of the boscam mushroom antennas to see if reception improves at "off-angles."

I have the feeling it might be an antenna issue because last week I placed the transmitter on top of my parked car and started walking down the street in front of my house. I got 200+ meters line of sight and the signal was perfect (the antennas were parallel).

I'm still new at all this, so treat my statement as such. Let us know how it goes with the vtx.
Old April 21st, 2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Major Player

200mW is a reasonably low powered transmitter (I use 600mW), so you probably won't get a lot of range. To maximise the range, I'd swap out the antennas in that kit with some decent circular-circular-polarized antennas such as these:

5.8 GHz TrueWired RHCP Omni Package [TRC-58TRUEWIRED] - $64.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV and Beyond

Not cheap, but they work wonders compared to the regular linear antennas.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras