DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flying Cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/)
-   -   S1000 GH4 Demo Reel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flying-cameras/524776-s1000-gh4-demo-reel.html)

Charles Dasher September 3rd, 2014 08:26 PM

S1000 GH4 Demo Reel

This is our current reel using the DJI s1000 with the GH4. Working with the GH3 gimbal with some work arounds and waiting for our GH4 gimbal.

Dave Partington September 4th, 2014 06:39 AM

Re: S1000 GH4 Demo Reel

Thanks for posting this Charles. It's a shame vimeo trashes resolution so much!

There appears to be a nasty judder in the sequence at 1m52s, is this in the source footage or just on vimeo?

Jerry Porter September 4th, 2014 08:01 AM

That some really nice stuff. How hard is that thing to fly??

Tom Bostick September 4th, 2014 07:05 PM

Wow you do alot of flying over the water!

Curious if you have any kind of flotation device on your rig in case it goes under?

Dave Allen September 4th, 2014 07:40 PM

I think there is an elephant in the room here and nobody is bringing it up sufficiently. Either that or I am off my rocker.

There is something seriously wrong with the footage here. I don't think its the camera or the operator, as you did an otherwise great job of camera positioning, pans, follows, speed ramps, and all the cool bells and whistles of shooting and post. It's the delivered footage looks like crap. It likes it is 400 lines per inch of standard definition compressed to hell.

I post footage to Vimeo all the time with great compression results, and have a nice album full of multirotor footage shot by others to drool over and aspire too, but something has really hammered the footage into something way less than what it was. And the GH4 dlsr shoots killer footage too.

It is taking away from an awful lot of otherwise really good work. :(

Charles W. Hull September 10th, 2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Allen (Post 1860262)
I think there is an elephant in the room here and nobody is bringing it up sufficiently. Either that or I am off my rocker.

There is something seriously wrong with the footage here. I don't think its the camera or the operator, as you did an otherwise great job of camera positioning, pans, follows, speed ramps, and all the cool bells and whistles of shooting and post. It's the delivered footage looks like crap. It likes it is 400 lines per inch of standard definition compressed to hell.

I post footage to Vimeo all the time with great compression results, and have a nice album full of multirotor footage shot by others to drool over and aspire too, but something has really hammered the footage into something way less than what it was. And the GH4 dlsr shoots killer footage too.

Looks like it was shot in 720p. At least that's the highest resolution download available.

Andrew Smith September 11th, 2014 06:29 PM

Vimeo encodes your video to 720P by default and you have to go back in and manually tell it to "upgrade" the video to 1080P.

But the point above is valid, in that the video looks very soft in detail. Granted, the tonal range is very good as you would expect from the sensor on the GH4.

Andrew

Gabe Strong September 12th, 2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Allen (Post 1860262)

Maybe most of it was shot at 96fps??? Just a guess as I have heard
that that particular mode on the GH4 loses significant resolution
compared to the normal HD stuff.