Commercial UAS Advocacy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old October 27th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #1
Trustee

Commercial UAS Advocacy

There's a new advocacy organization, The Association of Commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems -- ACUAS for the commercial use of sUAS. I realize there have been other organizations focusing on aerial photography, professional associations, drone pilots etc., ACUAS is focused on the rights of small businesses to use sUAS regardless of application.

Check it out and join.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Commercial UAS Advocacy

There is very little information there about who they are or what they will be doing. They should put a bit more effort into establishing some of that before I hand over personal information about who I am and what I'm doing with the technology. I recommend everyone going to the site to consider the same.

I would like to see a charter and leadership info.
Old October 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Trustee

Your right, I mean all of this is happening at a pretty fast pace and I'm sure their being paid and have lots of staff to answer the concerns of everyone who is sitting on their hands waiting for the perfect organization that will provide chocolate chip cookies, messages, and free legal advice.

Give me a break. If your not interested in joining fine, but don't damn them with faint praise and suggest that others take your narrow minded approach to whether they should or shouldn't sign up. Its not like they asked for credit card information, social security number or name of your first born. They didn't ask for any more information than you supplied for signing up for most forums.

Sorry but I'm tired of everyone complaining about the current situation and at the same time coming down on those that are at least making an effort to make a difference. Maybe you should start your own organization and get people to sign up and see how far you get...
Old October 28th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Sorry if that seemed inflammatory.

My point is pretty simple. The sign up page is asking questions about your use of UAVs. Under administrative law if you admit to a crime you are GUILTY with no recourse. Understanding that as of now there is no clear law against flying for profit in the US that will certainly be changing as soon as the FAA is able. Information such as this if collected irresponsibility could be troublesome for anyone caught up on the wrong side of a statute under administrative law. I have no idea who those people are or if its a front for a data collection effort from the government. There is no way to know based on what is offered there.

So I still suggest caution when offering up any information that could be used against you in the future whether it is on the webpage referenced above or any other.

I gave a responsible word of caution that is based on actual possibilities. I'm sorry if it gave the impression of disapproval.
Old October 28th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Trustee

Sorry Chris, your concerns are well founded. I'm just having a really bad day and I didn't turn on my common sense filter before typing.

I'll forward your concerns onto the founders of that site.
Old October 28th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #6
Inner Circle

It happens to all of us. :)

I certainly want to see a solid advocacy group come together. I'll be a supporter.

Lord knows we need a voice in this storm.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras