Battery and DC Power From Cam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Major Player

Battery and DC Power From Cam

We are having a problem powering our DR-HD100. We have Anton Bauer mounts for our JVC's and Anton Bauer power tap cables. The problem is the Firestore uses 15 Volts DC and the Anton provides 14.4. I would assume that is in the range of acceptable power.

The DDR works fine from all indications, but when attached with the Firestore battery eventully a "DDR LOW BATTERY" warning appears in the middle of the view finder. Same problem if we remove the battery and power only from the cable. Yet all the unit functions work fine AFAIK.

I tried everything to get rid of this warning message from blocking out the very center of the view finder. It must be in the JVC firmware.

Anyone else find a work around?

Thanks

Dave B
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty View Post
We are having a problem powering our DR-HD100. We have Anton Bauer mounts for our JVC's and Anton Bauer power tap cables. The problem is the Firestore uses 15 Volts DC and the Anton provides 14.4. I would assume that is in the range of acceptable power.

The DDR works fine from all indications, but when attached with the Firestore battery eventully a "DDR LOW BATTERY" warning appears in the middle of the view finder. Same problem if we remove the battery and power only from the cable. Yet all the unit functions work fine AFAIK.

I tried everything to get rid of this warning message from blocking out the very center of the view finder. It must be in the JVC firmware.

Anyone else find a work around?

Thanks

Dave B
Hi Dave

If you leave the battery in circuit it actually uses the camera battery to recharge it's own internal battery.

We take it out before we power it on and attach it to the camera battery first. We have seen the warning, but not every time and usually the unit sorts itself out after a minute or so powered on. We may be a bit luckier than you in that we are using AB clones and they may not be regulated to exactly the same voltage.

You've probably noticed by now that it is a poor power design for a field unit. The internal battery is next to useless and there is no onboard switch to take it out of circuit.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Major Player

I have several of the DRHD100's and it is unusual for a device to charge yet not actually power the device at the same time when plugged into an outboard power source.

And on top of that, not all of our units seems to suffer from the warning indicator problem.

I could deal with it if it was not DEAD CENTER in the view finder.

Dave B
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore