Firestore FS4 DV quicktime coming into FCP as stereo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Trustee

Firestore FS4 DV quicktime coming into FCP as stereo

This is weird. Not noticed this before, but the stuff I shot today on my DSR 450 has come into final cut pro as Stereo mixed and I can't separate the audios. I was wondering why this is and what I have done to make it happen...
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Major Player

What do you mean "can't separate the audios"? As long as they are two tracks (one on a1 and the other a2) you can choose them and hit Option-L to unlink them. That way you can adjust each channel independently. I assume you recorded a different source to each channel and need to mix them differently. I have done this before, and accidently captured in Stereo linked. You can only unlink them in the Timeline though, I haven't found a way to do it to the source footage.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #3
Trustee

They are somehow recorded mixed. So there is no point unlinking them.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
They are somehow recorded mixed. So there is no point unlinking them.
Phil, please don't crosspost. DVINFO policy says it's a no-no. We want all responses to an issue in one thread to make the information easier to research at a later date.

Thanks,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:44 AM   #5
Trustee

Sorry Greg but there are times when cross posting is essential. This is one of them.

Is this a firestore problem or is this a mac problem? Only by asking the same question to two different sets of people could my question be answered. So far it hasn't by either.

This problem caused me a major problem yesterday meaning something almost didn't make it to air.

I understand the policy of course but for me the priority is getting an answer, desperately, not for future searching purposes. Someone without a firestore but knows quicktime and FCP off by heart could have the answer, that someone would never have read my question if it was just posted in the other forum and vice versa...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore