Alternative power supply for FS4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 8th, 2008, 02:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Alternative power supply for FS4?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I wondered if anyone has adapted their FS4 to be powered by a battery belt or alternative power supply?
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #2
Trustee

as long as its 15V. The one i use gets its power from an AB battery dtap.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bigwood View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I wondered if anyone has adapted their FS4 to be powered by a battery belt or alternative power supply?
Hi Dave from DSM here, The FS4 will work from 12V connected to the DC IN , without charging its battery.
David Martland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Major Player

I asked FocusEnhancements about powering an FS-C from an external source. They gave me the following response:

Quote:

The FS products have the following DC power requirements for the DC port on the bottom.

--12V DC min to 20V DC max = Voltage Range
--12V DC = Voltage will run the FS
--14V DC = will charge the battery as well as power. (So it is preferred)
--The input DC connector is Tip Positive.
--2.5MM size

End Quote.

The only information they didn't give, was what size fuse to use in the power line from the external power source -- and when questioned about it, the answer given was, "I don't know". If you look at the battery which comes with the FS product, you can see it's maximum current output printed on the back, so I made an assumption that using a fuse close to that rating would be good enough. I run my FS-C from a small 12V 5.5 Amp hour sealed lead acid battery (approx 4"L x 2.5"H x 2"W). When plugged into the FS-C, along with its own battery, it powers it for well over 4 hours.
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the replies - I still haven't got round to doing anything about it yet.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore