FS-C with XH-A1. Audio sync issue. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FS-C with XH-A1. Audio sync issue.

First FS-C use recently. Shot HDV 60i.
After ingesting the QT files into FCP, I noticed that there seems to be a 2 frame sync problem. To get video in sync with the audio, I need to slip the video back by 2 frames..
Seems to be consistent over all clips; anyone else come across this? Any idea why this happening?
Reviewing what's on tape: all looks fine. Sync issue is only on the QT files from the FS-C
Thx, Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Major Player

I reckon it's more like 3 or 4 frames.

Doesn't bother me. I just slip the sound forwards.

Harry
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Audio out of sync

...any idea why it's doing this..?

I have emailed Focus Enhancements with the question, but no reply as yet..
Rgds,
Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ross Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Major Player

I doubt that you will get an answer from Focus because they have just gone bankrupt.

As for "why?" -- I have no idea and no interest. I asjust the sync. It's simple.

H.
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #5
New Boot

My company recently purchased 2 FS-C units for use with Canon XH-A1 and XL-H1s cameras. We shoot with 1080/60 Non-Drop mode with Quciktime HD. We haven't seen or heard the syc issue you are describing.

A quick test is to record a QT HD clip while you drop a golf ball in front of the lens a few times and then check the clip in the Final Cut Pro timeline. When doing this test, you will see the audio and video in sync, according to the ball's placement.

Wish I had more to offer, but I'm at a loss as to why your clips are not in sync.

Are you in Drop-Frame mode by any chance?

BTW -- I recently spoke with Focus and sent in one of my FS-100 units for repair (unit was dropped, our fault, not Focus). Not only are they NOT out of business but I recieved excellent service and fast turnaround. Got the FS-100 back and it's as good as new.
Jonas Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2020, 03:47 AM   #6
New Boot

Re: FS-C with XH-A1. Audio sync issue.

tengo focus fs-c con canon xl2 y no consigo que grabe, me podrias indicar como hacerlo, muchas gracias.
Jose Manuel Mahedero is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore