HD100/Final Cut Pro Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #1
New Boot

HD100/Final Cut Pro Problem

Hi Group,

Can someone take a look at this question for me. When I shoot HD 720p60 footage with my JVC HD 200 and recording to the Focus HD100. I am getting a Media Performance warning when importing the HD files into Final Cut Pro that says “The following media files are not optimized for Final Cut Pro” and goes on to say “It is highly recommended that you either recapture the media or use the Media Manager to create new copies of the files to improve their performance for multi-stream playback”. The GY-HD200’s IEEE 1394 switch was set to HDV and video format was HDV-HD60P with the HD100 set to HD Recorder and the HD Format Quicktime. The footage looks OK in Final Cut, even though I have not edited a whole project. But has anyone else had this problem
Earl Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM   #2
New Boot

I have an FS-100 and have seen this message also with Final Cut Pro. Focus Technical Support FAQ instructs to ignore it and continue to use the file as normal. I've never had any issues with any FS-100 QT file while working in Final Cut Pro, so I've learned to just ignore this message.
Jonas Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Hamilton View Post
I have an FS-100 and have seen this message also with Final Cut Pro. Focus Technical Support FAQ instructs to ignore it and continue to use the file as normal. I've never had any issues with any FS-100 QT file while working in Final Cut Pro, so I've learned to just ignore this message.
Thanks for the response, that was really bugging me.
Earl Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore