DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   Firestore ProHD quicktimeHD files wont open PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/137118-firestore-prohd-quicktimehd-files-wont-open-pc.html)

Steven Houser November 3rd, 2008 12:53 PM

Firestore ProHD quicktimeHD files wont open PC

Hello,
I bought the Firestore ProHD version Just becuase it will record QuicktimeHD?
I recorded to QuicktimeHD and imported opens with Quicktime 7pro but white screen?
Cannot play the file AT ALL~!
Import to editor Audio only!

There has to be a way to edit these QuicktimeHD files or even open them?

If not Firestore selling point is just Ink printed for sale with no working QuicktimeHD..
I would contact Focus but I have been waiting 4 weeks for a CD I ordered already.

I hope someone knows how to get some use out of the QuicktimeHD in the ProHD firestore.
I dont want to shoot m2t. that is why I got the ProHD firestore QuicktimeHD is worth $500 more in cost.

Any help would be nice...

Thanks guys
-Steve

Lauri Virkki November 4th, 2008 01:35 AM

As far as I have understood there are no Quicktime HDV codecs for PC at all. And even on Mac you need to have Final Cut to open or work with QT HDV files.

Jonas Hamilton November 10th, 2008 04:05 PM

Are you using Final Cut Express HD? If so, that's your problem. Final Cut Express does not allow native HD editing -- it's in the product description. You must convert the files before use with Express. Of course, with Final Cut Pro this is not the case. I'm guessing Apple is trying to tell us something (ie: buy Final Cut Pro Studio).

I did get Final Cut Pro Studio and it works perfectly with QT HD clips from Firestore.

Brendan Fisher November 10th, 2008 10:52 PM

I just encountered the very same issue today using FCE and QT HD files off my DR-HD100.

So now I have to ask: What's the best way to convert those files into a format that FCE can read?

Thanks in advance.

Jonas Hamilton November 11th, 2008 04:29 PM

Sorry, I don't have Final Cut Express anymore to check. Try the "Help" section or read the chapter on HD Import and conversion. I'm sure it's covered in Apple's Help Guides somewhere. You might also want to do some Google searches on Final Cut Express and HD and Import. See what else is out there. Best of luck.

Brendan Fisher November 11th, 2008 05:32 PM

Thanks. Actually, I just found a way around it, though it sort of defeats the purpose of using the hard drive in the first place. I dubbed the footage from my DR-HD100 to the tape transport on my camera. Then I captured the footage on the tape in my camera using FCE. Not the most convenient, but at least I can use the video now.

Steven Houser January 11th, 2009 09:28 PM

Focus Enahncement says will not work on Vista

Focus Enahncement says will not work on Vista thats why I cannot open them..
So here I am Just installed WinXPpro and have got all my software installed again...
and yes! the Quicktime 7.5 installed plus the $20 MPEG2 codec I bought all installed ready to go!
But,,,, No Go! same thing I can hear audio but no Video!

Im contatcing Focus one more time to hear "what im doing wrong again"

I hope I get this stuff figured out... otherwise Focus Enhancement should just promote the product for what it is QTHD is for Final cut Pro ONLY!
Ill keep you guys posted if I ever figure this out!
any help is still greatly needed! I WANT QT HD~!...:)

Perrone Ford January 12th, 2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Houser (Post 993410)
any help is still greatly needed! I WANT QT HD~!...:)

It doesn't work. Save your time and effort and shoot in the compatible format. It's just not worth fighting.

Kevin Martorana January 12th, 2009 09:39 PM

Matt from Focus is looking into this issue...we found it out last week....
But I don't think they'll have a solution...unless they put a different HD Codec in the drives for HD recording....and then PC usage.

:(

Bob Hart January 13th, 2009 11:11 AM

Am experiencing pretty much the same problem but I may have mismanaged and broken something.

We wanted to transfer .m2t origination to tape from a JVC GY-HD100 to quicktime .mov files for edit in FCP, so thought that replaying the tape and recording to the DR-100 might give us quicktime files.

Well it gave us quicktime .mov files but they won't play in PC quicktime, VLC player, Windows Media Player. I thought they might have been broken files so tried QTRepair which launched then hung.

Can anyone confirm if playing back the tape to the DR-100 with the DR-100 in quicktime record mode is workable or is it mismanagement?

Otherwise, the DR-100 machine has been faultless. Quicktimes recorded previously on it during camera-record have opened in a client's FCP fine.