Dr-hd100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Dr-hd100

I have a 80gb DR-HD100 Firestore and I was interested in Moding it with a larger hard drive. I was wondering what the biggest HD that I would be able to put in it? I know a lot of people have been having great success with this mod and I just wanted to maximize my upgrade. Thanks for any information in advance!
Adam Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #2
New Boot

Upgrading my DR-HD100

Well I went to Fry's today and picked my replacement drive. I have never seen anyone replace the 80gb hard drive yet so I picked up a 160gb drive. I am hoping that it will format my drive and I will see the whole 160 usable Gigabites. Well see I will tell you what happens tomorrow.

If this works I will be trying a bigger gb hd to see how high a 80gb DR-HD100 can take.
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #3
New Boot

Sucessful HD Swap

I completed my HD upgrade on my DR-HD100 80gig Firestore. I picked up a 160gig Western Digital EIDE HD 5400RPM 0.5A. Took the old one out placed the 160gig in its place and put everything back together. I powered it up it asked me to partition I selected YES...it partitioned and formatted the new 160 gig drive. My minutes left first read 920min left to record. I started recording and they stabilized at 711 minutes left. That is now a total of 11.8 hours of strait recording that I am able to do!! Its also doubling my battery life since the new drive is a .5amp and the old drive is a 1.1A drive!!! I am going to try to pull this new 160gig hd out and pick up a the 200 or 250gig for a test. Well just see what happens, if it will handle it.

O an if anyone is interested I have a 80gig HD for sale if anyone wanted to upgrade there 60gig. $50 bucks if anyone is interested in the HD.
Old December 28th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Adam,
Thanks for the info. Could you post some pics of the upgrade process?
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #5
New Boot

you know I will once I pick up the 250gig HD. I was thinking about doing that while I was in the middle of the 160gig upgrade modification. Thanks I will do so next time.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Adam,
Thanks... keep us posted.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore