Does FSC stop when tape runs out on XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Does FSC stop when tape runs out on XH-A1

I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow and will be bringing along my FSC. My XH-A1 will have a tape in it recording simultaneously to the FSC and to the tape. The tape is only good for one hour and the FSC is good for 8 hours. Will the FSC stop recording when the tape does? I'm using the XH-A1 as an unmanned camera.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Well to answer my own question..Yes, the FSC does continue to record after the tape ends.

Here's what I tested:
1. Ran the XH A1 in HD mode and let the tape run out past "End"
2. The FSC was set to "Tapeless", TC Ext. "E" was shown the FSC upper display (indicating tapeless mode).

I've shot Blues shows with the FSC using the A1 as the capture..mounted on a tripod and unmanned. Usually the concerts have been about 5 hrs in length. Obviously changing tapes was not a convenient option. This gives me a "bed" track to use. Then I run around with my other camera on a Merlin doing all the close ups. Edius makes it really simple to multicam the project in post.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore