Does anyone have any news on the Firestore FS-2 from Videonics? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old February 24th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #1
New Boot

Does anyone have any news on the Firestore FS-2 from Videonics?

Hello all-

I'm interested on knowing if anyone has any info about the FS-2. This is supposed to be the new stand-alone 'deck' for straight-to-disk recording from 1394 video. I'm interested in using it in a presentation environment as a playback tool as well as a recording device.

I've tried emailing the company to no avail. Anyone out here know?

Thanx for reading! :>
Kevin Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #2
New Boot

to answer my own question...

This is what Focus finally sent back to me:

"The FS-2 is still in the development phase.
We hope to release the product in this first quarter of 2004.
The MSRP is set at $ 5995.00"

It looks like a hell of a unit for playback or multicam use. I just want one now for 1/2 the price!

How about... does anyone know of anything LIKE this puppy that is available... for 1/2 the price?
Kevin Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Focus Enhancements

Hello,

FireStore FS-2 will be on display at the Focus booth at NAB 2004. We are currently expecting to ship it around that time as well.

FireStore FS-2 was designed to act as a replacement for tape decks for any number of applications as well as being a full signal transcoder. It features a number of different inputs and outputs including SDI, FireWire, component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU digital audio and balanced analog audio as well as RS422 control. It is also possible to move files between a network or multiple FS-2 units using its Ethernet port. For playback purposes, FS-2 also features multiple folders for categorizing clips as well as a user definable playlist feature. All files are of course recorded in DTE ready file formats.

You can read more at http://www.firestore.com .

Hope that helps.
Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:57 AM   #4
Focus Enhancements

Hello,

We expect FireStore FS-2 to be available for demo this month. If you would like to be one of the first to use this product, visit the FS-2 home page at: http://www.focusinfo.com/products/firestore/fs-2.html . Fill out your information and a Focus representative will contact you regarding a demo unit.

A long time FS-1 customer, TV Asahi in Japan, has already installed the first ten FS-2 units for use as SD offline recorders for HDCAM VTRs...read more at: http://www.focusinfo.com/company/pr_new/041304_asahi.htm

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore