DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/236618-fs-h200-portable-compact-flash-dte-recorder.html)

Gary Bettan June 2nd, 2009 01:11 PM

FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder

The all new FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder brings ultra-reliable solid state acquisition with Direct To Edit Technology to your DV or HDV camcorder. FS-H200 utilizes standard Type 1 removable Compact Flash media which provides fast, reliable, and low-cost recording.

Focus Enhancements

ProVideo Coalition.com: Bruce's Blog by Bruce A. Johnson | Founder

Gary

Mike Schell June 6th, 2009 04:34 PM

Hi Gary-
Interesting product. Great to see the use of Compact Flash cards. I wonder why they need 266X cards for HDV data-rates? HDV = 25Mbps, the nanoFlash can use a much lower cost 133X card (Kingston 32GB) for data-rates up to 140Mbps.

Cheers-

John McQuiston June 16th, 2009 10:21 AM

Gary,

The camera compatibility list on your website does not include the JVC GY-HD110.

Will it work with this camera?

Mark Boyer June 21st, 2009 10:14 AM

My FS-4 HD 40 GB is not on the list for my JVC GY-HD110 but it still works.

Ian Skurrie August 6th, 2009 07:06 PM

Has anyone tried one of these drives with the gyhd 100,101 or 110 series yet.

regards
Ian Skurrie

Jeremy Borton December 15th, 2009 01:59 PM

Will this work with the Sony PDW F355?? I didn't see that on the list either.

thanks,
-jeremy

Dave Burckhard December 15th, 2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Bettan (Post 1152953)
The all new FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder brings ultra-reliable solid state acquisition with Direct To Edit Technology

Following Focus Enhancements for quite some time, the FS-H200 Pro is really the FS-H200 with the ability to play back clips (via proxy mpeg 4) and embed metadata across a wired or bluetooth connection. Essentially it's the same upgrade in a solid state drive as the Version 2.0 firmware upgrade of the hard drive based FS-5.

While I like the idea of a solid state memory FS-H200 Pro, I'm still getting the hard drive based FS-5 for two reasons:
1. The FS-5 is $400 cheaper (considering the additional price of flash cards)
2. The FS-5 has more memory (100 GB vs. 64 GB max with the H200)

I'm not overly concerned about the vulnerability of a hard drive over a solid state drive. I've used three DR-HD100 DTEs for over three years with no problems. Where I see a problem, and it's an inherent problem across all recorders, is the lousy 6-pin Firewire connector and the even lousier 4-pin connectors. They tend to get loose over time and are too easy to disconnect.

I plan on posting a comprehensive review on the FS-5. Since I know folks at Focus, I may try to get an eval copy of the FS-H200 Pro as well. I'll post a link here when done. By the way, if you're interested in reading a post I wrote on the DR-HD100 (essentially the FS-4 HD for the JVC GY-HDXXX ProHD series of cameras), check this:
Focus Enhancements DTE DR-HD100 - Still the Best Capture Medium - JVC DR-HD100GB60 HD 60GB Portable DTE Recorder for ProHD Camcorders - Epinions.com

Andy Johnson March 29th, 2016 07:41 PM

Re: FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder

So I know this thread is a couple years old but I just purchased a Canon XH-A1s and a FS-H200 DTE. BUT I am having trouble getting them to talk to each other in HDV. Was there any setting other then the DV selection switched ON under system set-up in the camera?? Or is there a setting I am missing in the DTE ( I have reset both to factory settings, or so I believe), tried it in Quick Time and M2T with 24f, 30f, and 60i.
The cam and DTE will talk fine in DV mode and records really good, but when I switch both to HDV it doesn't record. The cam notices it is plugged in when I connect the firewire but that is all.
Thanks for any help , Andy

PS I am cross posting this to a couple of the threads on the fs-h200 if you see this post elsewhere given the age of the thread and the necessity to solve this problem before an event in April.